BASS BARN banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished creeks, the bay and inlet this morning, using clams and bunker head. Seen at least 30 boats out today. Skunked out today and didnt see anybody really catchin anything. I dont think my bait lasts long enough to see the stripers because of the crabs wanting a meal too! Left out of chesnut neck again and talk to a guy at the marina and he said the bite was on last night until around 2:30 am, with alot of nice bass boated. Does anyone have any suggestions for this area? Are eels better for this spot? And I seen alot of guys hugging the banks with eels is this better than being closer to the middle of the channel? Just trying to get a better understanding of these fish, any help is greatly appriciated, thanks guys and good fishing to ya!

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Hey Bent, depending how brave you are, try and anchor as close to the rips all the way out of the inlet.Throw 8oz of lead with a nice fresh bunker chunk now or clam later in november.Eeling is a little trickier in LEI.We got 9 takers yesterday with 3 boated and only 1 today, but man were the conditions perfect. I will be out Sunday Am, give me a shout on 68, WetDaReel Sportfishing

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks alot Flukenewsty,
I had stated in an earlier post that I have only been striper fishing for about 5 years now, mostly charters, and going out with buddies here and there. I love fishing and try to do it as much as possible, getting out is great and catching fish is a bonus. I mostly bass fish and alot of freshwater fishing but slat water fishing has me hooked and I want to become good at it. I need to know how to fish the tides, what side of the rip do you fish, how close do you get to it if you are anchored, and if using bunker, how much of the head do you use. I tried one on the other day and i think I need to use bigger circle hooks for bunker? And when using eels do you put them on do you put them on a buck tail or just hook and sinker vs. drifting/ anchored up? And chunking, how does that work? Should I buy alot of fresh bunker and put my lines out and then chum? And I should leave my drag loose until the fish runs, give them a couple of seconds them set and set? What type hooks to use? Im sorry for all the questions right off the bat but I do need help! Thanks for any helpyou can offer! Hope to hear back from ya!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.