BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm flirting with the idea of keeping my boat elsewhere next season instead of down in Holgate. It's a Parker 25 footer. I've checked out GB Marina's website and the photos look like it's a well taken care of place. Can anyone give me some feedback? You don't have to post it here, private email me if you'd like. I'm most interested in being able to do the basics like waxing, painting, etc. and having a knowledgable Yammie mechanic would be nice. I would also like to fish up until Thanksgiving if that's not a problem. Are the owners nice? Do they mind if you keep a boat in late into the season, etc.?
T

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
ann and tom are very friendly and tom makes great food at the restaurant. they have a good selection of supplies for the boat and some tackle. i don't know about the yamaha mech. but i'm sure they would help find one. they have a lift there and the ramp is no problem at any tide. solid 6' of water in front of marina to the channel at low tide. i put my duckboat out of there till the seasons end in jan. they live there. it's about 25 to 30 minutes to the inlet.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Nice place.Several Parkers in there.Good food.Good ramp.As far as Yamaha service,you'll have to inquire. Straight run across the bay to the Inlet. Capt.Matt

·
Registered
11 Posts
You can also check out Viking Yachting Center. They are only 20 minutes to the inlet and easy access to the river. We kept ours there this year and was happy with them. Nice people.

Bob

·
Registered
994 Posts
Ive heard nothing but good about Great Bay Marina. Good people, good food, good bait selection and most of all a ton of people that fish. Viking is at least another 10-15 minutes up the mullica and bass rivers from Great Bay and not as many fisherman there-more people hangin at the dock cooking and having a good time-depends what your looking for.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Owners live on-site so there is always someone there. It's a 10-20 minute ride to the inlet, depending on cruising speed and course taken. Tom does all the work himself and now has his son-in-law Doug working down there, as well, with a couple other part-timers to help out in the restaurant, gas dock, hauling/blocking/detailing boats. They will do work on your boat, and it will be done right, but it takes them awhile to get to it sometimes. However, he doesn't have any problem with bringing someone else on-site to get the work done for you. Let you go in when the ice thaws and stay in until it freezes. Two thumbs up all the way.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I dock there too.adam said just about everything except you would be lucky to get in here.if you get on the list now maybe you can get in for next year the marina will surely fill up fast.great spot to be.do not even have to leave the marina to catch bait it was full of bunker all summer.Louis

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Hey, Tim are you in Holgate Marina now?(formaly Penna's). I think I've seen your boat down in the south east corner. The prices have gotten a little crazy on the island.

[ 10-26-2005, 12:30 AM: Message edited by: joe2617 ]

·
Registered
994 Posts
Loius, I called about three weeks ago-Im on the list...put in a good word when ya get a chance. Thanks. I really like it at Allens with great owners but gotta get a little closer to the inlet/only reason I may be leaving....

[ 10-26-2005, 12:23 AM: Message edited by: Emily Lynn ]

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
If you need a great Yama Mech,give Tom Jarvis a call.He knows what he's doing,and is dependable.
Listed under Jarvis Marine,Tuckerton,and i think he has good relationship with GB Marina.

·
Registered
8,051 Posts
Great bay is awesome been there about 15 years, Left and came back! Tom and Anna are great folks! Like capt Adam said it will be hard to get in better not wait.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am going to drive down there and look around. Are they open everyday?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Tim, GreatBay Marina is the best move I have made,Its an easy run to the inlet,the food,the tackle shop,the marine supplies,Tom and Anna are great!
Regards, Steve

·
Registered
17 Posts
Tim, only fished tournements out of great bay and they where great to our group, if I lived closer my boat would dock there.
Bent hook

·
Registered
6,335 Posts
I put my name in for next season. I spent many summers there as a kid. Right down the street from my house. I'm told that the contracts have gone out and they have until the end of November to send in the deposit then they'll know what slips are available. Give them your name and address now and stop down later.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts