BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well yet another skunk for me, but I hear the fishing is good ;x Started off in the LEI droped a umbrella rig and trolled up to the red tower. Nothing. Back down again had a knock down at the blue, but that was it. The inlet and ocean was very nice so I decided to stay out and drift the rips with bucktails. Again nada. Heard some decent chatter over the radio. My friend across the way did well with clams, around 18 fish, largest going 16 pounds. Mullica bob and MyMistress were out as well, and may follow up with more.

Trying to get out before the sun comes up tommorow, and all the havoc in the inlet begins. Ill be on 9. Luna-tik out.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Luna-tik,

It's a clammin game right now.... there have been some bigger fish lurking around the bars in the inlet the past few days and it seems as though anchoring along any of the bars with clams has been the most productive... Heard there were some birds on fish today... sounded a little north off of Harvey Cedars
Have at it and catch 'em up... ;)
I will be around the inlet in the AM....

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
luna-tik,
We trolled them up pretty good last weekend on umbrella rigs working differnt fingers in 30 foot of water low and slow darker colors worked best. olive drab (eel) color and dark maroon. almost even up on the 2 different colors. Only had one blue all day we could see them on the ff but we were well under them.

·
Banned
1,549 Posts
Luna-tik, it's been the same thing for me the past couple of weeks with the clam, one tide pays off better than the other, couple nice fish at first then smaller one's with an occasional nice one between. I like the clams but it is getting repetitious. I'm a troller at heart and when it's nice from here on out that's what I'll be doing.

Just remember,"you can't polish a terd"

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
soon, boys soon. the fish will come. same thing every year, just this year it's late. i'll be out tues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts