BASS BARN banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the lower Bay with the fleet on Saturday 5/20, on board my brother Bill?s 23? Neptune CC, the Slick Willy. We had Bob, ?one of the old Shipyard crew? and his son Bobby on board. Caught the bottom of the out going tide, we set up in 24? of water. Temp in the low 60?s west w**d and 1 to 2 footers. Nothing but thrash until an hour into the incoming tide. Then the w**d and the Bay laid down, and turned gorgeous Then our luck changed, first Bill?s reel started screaming, then after a 10 to 15 min fight we boated his personal best, a 50 inch / 45lb Striper. Then it was my turn, same deal screaming reel, bent over rod, three or four runoffs, then we boated my best, a 44? Striper. Then my new Bait Runner hit and my ?way too light? spinning rod bent over and stayed that way for what seemed like a half hour. After about a half dozen runs back to the bottom of the Bay, finally we boated :D my first drum, it weighed in at 63 lbs. back at the Long Reach scales. Then it was Bob?s turn and he skillfully landed a nice 40 lb drum. Then the w**d started hawking across the bay again. We rode it for another hour, and then we called it a day, and splashed our way back to the dock to do the real work. Thanks to Bob?s skillful knife work we were on our way in no time. Needless to say we thoroughly had a great day. Sorry we can?t share any Pic?s, the digital camera is on vacation in Yellowstone with our sons.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, The puuter craped out this week, just got back on line with the back-up.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Good report Paul and congrats on landing some nice fish,I guess I should of taken up on the invite it lookes like I missed a great day.Also thanks for the real time reports every time those reels started to sing.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea Bill had a good time with that. He figured if we kept bothering you, your wife would let you go next time.
HaHa.. Fish on!
Call him for a heads up for this weekend.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.