BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

I finally got a chance to get to a computer and post a report from the last couple of days of great fishing. I know this is the striper forum, but yesterday's report is for the 'other bass,' but stripers are in here, too!

Yesterday, we had an open boat group aboard with Don Jones, Doug, Fred, Mark, and Rich. We were fishing for sea bass, and fishing was exceptional! We fished two different pieces of bottom and had outstanding fishing at both with more keepers than throwbacks! The action was non-stop as soon as you hit bottom, and the fish were all of nice 'no need to measure' size! We ended up with over 100 keepers for the group, and probably 50 throwbacks. We also had a couple toggies in the mix, too! Thanks, guys!

Today, Phil and Joel chartered the boat for themselves with one goal in mind...getting their first stripers! We set out looking for a couple good ones, and we found 'em! The guys hooked their first fish within ten minutes...a 37" fish that went around 18lbs and popped Joel's striper cherry. We then had a lull for quite a while and made a couple moves before we located a bite that was, although short lived, red hot! First up was Phil getting his first bass ever that might leave him spoiled at 46" and just under 40lbs!!!

Next up was Joel again with a 35" fish that went about 15lbs. We then had a double header that resulted in one nice fish that we let go and Phil's second bass of his career going 41" and nearly 25lbs! We had our limit just as the bite died and the guys were all smiles...

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
Nice. Hopefully the striped ones will keep biting for another week or two! Good job adam

·
Registered
232 Posts
I can't decide weather to congratulate these guys or just hate them.

With Good Karma and the Bass Gods in mind I think I will say:

Congratulations on a great First Striper!! One you will never forget and is guaranteed to have you coming back for more!

Once again: Congratulations!!!

P.S. I have been a serious striper fisherman since 1983 and have yet to break 30lbs but that's about to change!!

[ 05-18-2006, 10:02 AM: Message edited by: SeaMonkey ]

·
Registered
16,683 Posts
Originally posted by MartyGras III:
Great Job!!

Location? bay ripps ocean

Bait?
Good luck with that question!

·
Registered
123 Posts
My request for info is based on the post made earlier in the season by Rod Redington that follows.

Im not asking for the lat./Lon. only the bait and body of water.

Gary

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Now hear this....

Remember we all...ok...most of us come here for information. We come to the BARN to help gather the info we need to make our time of the water as productive as possible.

With that being said, when you're posting your reports, please include as much info as possible. NO don't post "spots" but tell us things like whether or not you used bait or artificials. Tell us about the stage of the tide. Tell us about the water temps, the time of day, colors or lures, types of baits, etc, etc, etc.

I mean...yeah, we all luv to hear that ya "sleighed'em!" but to be quite honest with ya, if that's all you put in your report...what good is the report? It's not very helpfull All it tells us is that you caught fish...somewhere...sometime...fishing with something...at some stage of the tide

There's a TON of info you can supply in a fishing report that doesn't give away any "spots" but at the same time is usefull to the masses

·
Registered
130 Posts
Couldn't agree with you more MGIII. We aint trout fishin here and givin up secret holes. As a matter of fact if a fleet sets up in a good spot our chances of being rewarded are increased. Personally,I don't mind sharing info, and do willingly. My personal preferences are not to be in the middle of the fleet anyway, but we have all been out there when flaming A-holes have busted up bird action by wanting to race to the middle of the action. If we all "fished smart" and respected each other out on the water we could all benefit from sharing info and the info would probably flow more easily.

·
Registered
15,362 Posts
As of right now (today) there are 11194 members on this site. I just think it is so funny that the "2" charter boats that post tons of reports get alot of sh!t! Some stuff just can't and won't be shared...that's just gonna have to be known!!! Here's the thing, if you like reading our "we slayed them" reports...please keep doing so...but if you don't...just go to the next topic...it's really that simple. I don't mean any disrespect, but on the other hand...I don't want to be disrespected either! These operations are fulltime, and alot of thought and blood and sweat goes into each trip everyday...some might think that we are just taking people fishing....but I'm on the phone with Adam for like 3-4hrs going over strategies, as well as a few others that I talk too. It's alot of work, work that I love...but won't just give away for free...that's what Open Boat trips are for ;)

[ 05-24-2006, 10:33 AM: Message edited by: striper2278 ]

·
Registered
247 Posts
Oh give it up guys! If you have read all of the reports of Skip and Adam then you know their fishing ways, and you know where they catch 99% of their striped bass. And skip, it's more like 5-8hrs :D

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Good God !cut um a break guy's,I guess you all dont remember the Bucktailing the rips Post HUH ??
One of the most informative Posts Yet on the barn,Bey it helped 100's catch fish in the rips,If ya really wanna know where there fishing Hop on board,But rember fish swim and could be here today and in another compleatly differant place tommarow..One day they can be up the bay,the next slide down into some of the rips,or in tight then ,out side ..This is what these guy's do for a living,and its their job to Find and put you on the fish period! Last i checked i dont think they are getting a pay check for reporting exactly how on what or where their catching,Everyone has their own ways of reporting..Like skip said read um if ya like to or dont !

P.S Skip Got a Choc. lab pup 3 1/2 weeks ago male !The breader let us take him at 5 1/2 weeks old since he was alread on solid food he is 9 weeks yesterday

[ 05-24-2006, 11:31 AM: Message edited by: VDAWG ]

·
Registered
15,362 Posts
Originally posted by VDAWG:

P.S Skip Got a Choc. lab pup 3 1/2 weeks ago male !The breader let us take him at 5 1/2 weeks old since he was alread on solid food he is 9 weeks yesterday
Vinny,

That's awesome! Good luck with the pup! Do you need that cage back? My yeller is doing great! Getting so big so quick! And thanks for the reponse to the nonsense! ;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.