BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got done looking at the back Fisherman issues from when I was on vacation. I must be the only fly guy that reads it. I am surprized no one mentioned it. Great articles written by Frank Mihalic. I think it is great that the Fisherman devotes space to fly fishing, both the how to and the tying end. Nice job Frank.

·
Registered
298 Posts
just got finished with the most recent. the tying articles were the only reason i bought it in the winter. unfortunately they let me know how shallow my tying materials box is. i'll have to be getting the stuff for the hollowfleye, looks like a champ, i'm diggin' the round body and light weight aspects, though mine will probably end up a deformed kooshball. thanks for the articles frank, can't wait to get to it!
:cool:

·
Registered
7,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wonder. You don't need to have every fly in your box to catch fish. Keep with the basics and you will be good to go. I try and make all the flies and find I use and catch most of my fish on the more simple ones, Jiggies, clousers and poppers. Make those flies that you have materials for and branch out as you go. The most important part is putting yourself where the fish are. All the flies in the world will do you no good if you can't put it where the fish are feeding. I am going to force myself to use more of a variety this year, just to get the satisfaction of knowing I can do it and that every fly I have is in fact a productive one.

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
I used to get it, but when I moved, I never sent in a change of address to them. So my last 20 or so issues went unread. My old roommate probably used them for the woodstove :rolleyes: .

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
I'm glad you guys like them! It was a learning experience for the editor and myself. We had a few small errors, but hard for most to notice.

I'm glad you got caught up Ray, and look forward to seeing you this evening.
HW...Glad you like them! I wish that run was in color! It's a very versatile technique. You can tie it with Bucktail too. My favorite!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts