BASS BARN banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys this is'nt a fishing report but it is something i need to talk about, i have a soon to be 3 year old son jacob, he has epilepsy" uncontrolled seizures" he started having them when he was 3 months old, we have been through many medicines, with minimal results, he is currently on a special diet, called the ketogenic diet, we have seen wonderful results from this diet,the problem is he cant stay on this diet for ever, it is a very high fat diet, but it is unhealthy to stay on this diet for more than 2 years, so my wife and i have been looking for other options available to us, and we found one, its called the family hope center, in blue bell Pa. they help people with brain injuries, through holistic medicines, the problem we have is they are very expensive, and insurance wont pay for it, so my sister and my neice decided to have a beef and beer to help raise money, so jacob can get into this program, we began contacting friends and busisnesses, to see if they would be interested in helping us, so i sent an email to an old friend of mine, who i have known for almost 20 years, in the late 1980's i used to surf fish with this guy, occasionally fish a jetty with him, and now he is a very well established charter boat captain in capemay, his name is John sowerby of caveman sportfishing, so i contacted him to see if he and his wife diana would be interested in coming to my sons benifit,he responded with even more generosity than i expected, he told me that he and his wife diana decided to give me a 5 or 6 man drumfish charter for free, he wanted me to sell chances at my sons beef and beer, and use this charter as a way to raise money for our cause, i went on his website and found out that this is an 800dollar charter, like i have said, i have known john and his wife diana for almost 20 years, he has always been a great friend, and a class act, and has proven to me and many others that he is a damn good charter boat captain, i have fished on johns boat the "hooked up" probably 5 times, with different groups of people and the result was always the same, loads of fish, lots of laughs, and tons of fun. John and Diana thank you so much for your friendship and your generosity!

Now i would like to invite anyone interested to my sons beef and beer, if your from the area or want to take a road trip, we are going to have lots of food, lots of drink, and some awesome prizes, if you cant make it to the benefit, and would like to purchase a chance to fish with captain john in the spring, the chances are 10 dollars apiece, or 3 for 25 dollars, or 6 for 50 dollars if you have any interest send me an email at [email protected]

I amost forgot the cost of the beef and beer is 20 dollars, if you are interested i will email you a flyer with all the info!

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Iggy- very sorry to hear about your son. I can't imagine. On a brighter note- it is awesome that you have some options. I known Capt John and he is a standup guy. That is a great thing he is doing. If you would email me your mailing address, I would like to buy some chances to fish on his awesome boat and if it's OK I'll send a gift certificate to my restaurant- that you can use as a door prize or raffle off.

Best of luck. This is a great community and we've helped other members' good causes before. So come boyz- time to step up for one of our own!!!

Strikes- might this get more airtime in the Dry Dock or Tackle Box forum this time of year???

[ 03-10-2005, 08:17 AM: Message edited by: Partnership ]

·
Premium Member
18,100 Posts
Iggy,

I'm very sorry to hear about Jacob's fight with epilepsy :( My hopes are that Jacob's doctors find the right combination of diet and medicine to ensure the little fella a long healthy life

In the mean time you can count on Barners to support you and your family in any way we can
Captain John From Caveman Sportfishing and Tommy Guns from the Savoy Inn are prime examples!

As a matter of fact...speaking of supporting fellow Barners in need. East Coast Tackle & TheBassBarn.com will raffle off an Avet SX this evening at tonights Striped Bass / Flukeasourus seminar where all proceedes will go to your little man Jacob

I'm gonna slide this topic over to our Dry Dock forum

1 - 4 of 4 Posts