BASS BARN banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a quick 2 day trip to West Palm on Wed morning returning Tonight. Wed afternoon was slow catching only 1 Mahi and a bonita.
Thursday was a different story---we left the dock at 7 AM and we were in the gulf stream at 7:15. The drop off is only 3 miles off the coast--what a pleasure. We were drifting live swimmwers of Google eyes and blue runners. We quickly hooked up with a gaffer mahi. We then had a doulble header Sailfish hook up after making 2 healthy releases we hit a slow spell and made a move.
Less than 3 miles offshore we set up again and had 4 King fish hookups boating 2 and we boated a Bonita for strip bait.
We only fished until noon and caught a flight home to Philly. If anyone is into short boat rides to the stream with chances to catch Sails, Whites, Blues, Blackfin Tuna, King Fish among other species you can't beat Sailfish Marina in West Palm.

·
Registered
62,417 Posts
Those Kings are fun. Nasty fish. :fighting: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
set the pace, thanks for the report. heading down next thursday through tuesday. will most likely be fishing with our good friends Terry and Mike on the Petunia. hopefully the sails make a good showing.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Nice report and you have my blood boiling!!! My new boat is sitting in west palm and I have plans on going to stretch its legs for four days over Patty's weekend before the long ride up in the beginning of april... The action in March is supposed to be sick!!! As for the cost to get there and back, there are cheap round trip flights if you can leave from AC. Unfortunately, I just paid $600 to fly from newark...:(

I have my fingers crossed for nice weather!:thumbsup:

Dying to get in on the fish!!!!!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
will be there 3/1 to 3/5 - Who did you go out on ?
Diamond Lil, sorry for the delayed response. After returning from West Palm I had the second wknd of Friday, Saturday, Sunday Captain course classes. I am on information overload right now! Hope to pass the test on Thursday night.
I fished on a boat named Flow Control which is owned by Mueller Copper and Brass one of our suppliers. The trip was totaly comped :thumbsup:. I am not sure what the other charter boats in the Marina charge. I do know there are smaller boats in other marinas that charge about $75 per head for 4 hour trips. There are sportfishing boats that charter out of Saifish marina. There is also an older motel located right at the marina that rent rooms--not the finest of accomadations but there is a nice resturaunt and ship store at the marina.
The short ride to the stream makes the trip well worth it, you have lines in within 30 minutes or less depending on where your Captain decides to start off.
Hope this helps, catch-em up and enjoy the trip!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts