BASS BARN banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have spent my fair share of trips pulling myself off the sadbars in Great bay but this weekend was rediculous.Saturday rental boat after rental boats were heading out into the bay, everyone excited to go out and have a great day on the water.Next thing you here is an engine screaming and mud flying everywhere.I think the tally for saturday was about 7 rentals and few 16' bayliners and a tri hull or 2.If you fish Tuckerton you know how prominant the tri hulls and 16' bayliners are. Sunday was an even bigger problem. I would say 6-8 16' bayliners and tri hulls 10 rentals and one huge 29' donzi cc full of kids an a dog. That was heart breaking to see happen. They really need to put the markers in.Be careful, and watch for 16' bayliners and tri hulls to lead you safely around the sandbars.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
It would be nice if they put the markers back in. I have been lucky enough to have fished the area for several years and have yet to run aground this year. Now if I could just find the fluke in #s. One or two keepers a trip is getting old.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your telling me, I have caught 8-10 fish per trip the last 7 trips with only 1-3 keepers.They are slamming the baits either, my guess is the cooler water temps. I give it a week for it to start really getting good.Good thing about the sand bars is it keeps the shoobs at bay while I fish the channels, I have no one cutting my drifts short.At least not yet.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Used to fish Great Bay around the stink factory when I was a kid. My grandparents had a house in Mystic Island off Radio Rd. Are they still wicked with the speed limits? I remember having to stay along the left side of the Great Bay heading out and only being able to come across the middle of the bay at high tide. Is it still the same? I caught lots of nice weaks and fluke drifting along the Coast Guard station is that still a productive area? Used to remember boats stacked up like domino's then the Black Whale would come thru and swamp all the small boats.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts