BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fished saturday had 35 fish 2 keepers then sunday 54 flatties 2 keepers again on wedsnday 42 flatties 2 keepers but did have 3 short bass early and lost a decent one i guess its time to head out front

·
Registered
912 Posts
WOW sounds like a great day for catching but not for the cooler. Atleast you got something to pull on your line,

Brian

Oh I hear the Garden state reef south has been producing in recent days with bigger flatties.

Good luck

·
Registered
166 Posts
I heard the reports from the Garden State South also and tried it yesterday. Light wind and very little drift. Found good structure including one of the barges that rose 10' off the bottom. Tried minnow, squid strips and clam on top and bottom rigs, single hooks and bucktails. Fished for 3 hours and nothing touched bait at all. Not even any junk fish. Anybody else fish there yesterday or any thoughts about what happened? Saw several huge schools of bunker on the way back in and snagged a few. Also saw many schools of smaller bait fish but couldn't get any in the cast net.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hawk...I was out at GGS yesterday and we had 11 fluke keepers and that many throwbacks.....I was pleased that not only did the fluke bite well but the lack of trash fish was a bonus...fished white and white/green bucktails with squid strips and/or spearing....edge went to the spearing I thought. We short drifted the very first stop we made and it was right by that big barge you mentioned I think....you may have saw us there. Also saw the bunkers coming back to the Inlet but nothing seemed to be on them...no marks underneath either...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts