BASS BARN banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anything biting in the reservoir yet or is the water still too cold? I promised to take my boy tog fishing this weekend but the weather ain't cooperating. The local trout stream is getting old and I wanted to give him some big water fishing as a consolation prize. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
good question...

I was wondering the same, I wanted to get out and do some deeper water fishing today but didn't know if it's too early for the bass to bite??

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
The little sunnies that you catch during the summer time real close to shore will not be there. The water is too cold. I did however catch a bass last year towards the end of April on a dare devil spoon off the boat dock. Bring your rain gear...

·
Registered
32,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was thinking the crappies and yellow perch might be biting. We used to do well on crappies in the Schuylkill this time of year.

Do they rent boats yet or is that more of a summer thing?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Aquasport190,

I was not aware of any crappies being caught in the skuke. I was hoping to get the boat out for a spring ride at the 113 ramp. Where do you find the crappies? My sone has never fished for them before.

·
Registered
32,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We used to catch the crappies in Port Indian. On that peninsula right near where the creek goes into the river by the old Mrs. Sand's seafood place. This was in the 1980s so things could be way different now. I was just noting that they bit this time of year.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Talked to a guy while fishing for trout. He was there last weekend and didn't have any luck. Said the water was really cold. :( Nice weather today may perk things up a bit.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I drift the reservoir with minnow and crawlers from time to time and I usually get a pretty good number of white perch, and a few yellow perch and crappies mixed in. If on land, I would try to move around and throw out a bit where the water's deeper. Good luck!:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts