BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SOUTH as in the Keys. My wife, girlfriend & I have been homesteading at our place on Cudjoe Key, mm23. We are here for the winter with a short trip to Dauphin Island Ala. Weather here is great, high 70's & the wind has not been too bad. We launch close-by & can easily go to the Atlantic or towards the Gulf (contents keys) This AM I had a ball with large jacks, had a shot at some tarpon, think I can still hear them snickering. All in all, we are enjoying ourselves. Our Son is house sitting our place in EHTwp. I do hope y'all have a safe & prosperous winter & I look forward to your reports & I'll see you in the Spring. Ron

[ 12-24-2004, 12:52 PM: Message edited by: sparse grey ]

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
...Bob,
Sparses wife IS his girlfriend! The man has done it right!!
Holiday greetings back to you, my friend. Glad all is well. I think I hear them giggling too!

·
Registered
7,852 Posts
Weather turning cold and snow today. It will be up to you Sparse to keep some fishing reports on this forum, we are all chilling out. Have a great vacation, looking forward to your warm water posts.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Ron, enjoy yourself down there. I've done quite well off the bridge wall at Kemp Channel. Big black bombers at night are the ticket for the resident tarpon. On the eastern side of the channel along the mangroves (ocean side), there are some deep holes in the coral that hold some nice tarpon. I've also had numerous shots at bonefish off of Pirates Cove (i believe that's the street name) which is on the left heading south. It dead ends into Cudjoe Bay, and was a dirt road with lots of trash thrown about. Hard to wade, as the bottom is pretty soft, but it's do-able.

One word of warning: if Pepporoni's is still in business in Summerland Key (across the street from Sherman's), stay away. Worst food I've ever gotten for takeout.

·
Premium Member
5,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dolye Thanks for the info. Think I am somewhat familiar with those places. Kemp channel is quite productive as is the area on Cudjoe Bay. I did trailor the boat down with me so have access to all places. Content Keys is something else. I am enjoying learning the area. Have a few locals that are very familiar with area & that helps greatly. Again thanks. Ron

1 - 6 of 6 Posts