BASS BARN banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And this is why this site is going no where. A guy tries to get a group discount and gets attacked. The original post mentioned that he would be willing to buy from an Advertiser.

So now, you are telling us that we should always buy from an advertiser. BS! I will buy from the one who is willing to give me the best deal.

Good Day,

Looking elsewhere for deals.:mad:

·
Registered
25,494 Posts
Goin' South said:
And this is why this site is going no where. A guy tries to get a group discount and gets attacked. The original post mentioned that he would be willing to buy from an Advertiser.

So now, you are telling us that we should always buy from an advertiser. BS! I will buy from the one who is willing to give me the best deal.

Good Day,

Looking elsewhere for deals.:mad:
Going nowhere?? It's been going soemwhere since day 1, why?? Beacause a lot of people put in a lot of time & effort to keep it up & running for ALL MEMBERS who pay nothing to be here. Instead, the costs of running the site & maintaining it are borne by the advertisers.

No one forces you to buy anything from an advertisers, but for a guy to start up a post about group buying, that is not fair to the people who pay to run a business here. Although seeking people to group buy is not running a business
we cannot let people do this as it undermines the intent of the Barn and its overall policy. It will have a derimental effect inthe long run if we let guys do this in open forums.

You have 1 post & it is negative. You have zero right to complain, because clearly you are leeching off the site and have contributed nothing to it.

·
Banned
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If it wasn't for "ALL MEMBERS", you would have no advertisers. So, if the Members keep getting treated like crap, they will find another site, in turn, so will the advertisers.

Just an opinion.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Everyone contributes great to this website and i feel like all the members get treated great 'goin south'....ive never had a problem...since you didnt have a post on here before these, i think you should give the barn another chance and not trash it. I have nothin against the group buy but i think you dont have to blow up about it.

·
Registered
25,494 Posts
Goin' South said:
If it wasn't for "ALL MEMBERS", you would have no advertisers. So, if the Members keep getting treated like crap, they will find another site, in turn, so will the advertisers.

Just an opinion.
Members get treated like crap??? Have we treated you like crap. Name 10 members who have been treated like crap in this forum, who didn't deserve it. The Group Buy post didn't rip anyone or treat them like crap. It was a decision that was explained. A far cry from crapping on people.

·
Banned
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not necessarily the site I have a problem with, it's the members who seem that it is their right to jump on others threads. This guy was trying to do something, albeit right or wrong, and got attacked. It could have, and probably should have, been handled outside the forum via an email or such.

The disdain for members, via other members, is unbearable.

·
Banned
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mako6950 said:
Members get treated like crap??? Have we treated you like crap. Name 10 members who have been treated like crap in this forum, who didn't deserve it. The Group Buy post didn't rip anyone or treat them like crap. It was a decision that was explained. A far cry from crapping on people.

So, your telling me that pier47grady didn't attack? Then what would you call it?

·
Registered
188 Posts
the whole thing is solved now and you just gotta respect the rules of the forum. Its here for information and to learn about fishing and to have a good time.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
RyanHrap said:
the whole thing is solved now and you just gotta respect the rules of the forum. Its here for information and to learn about fishing and to have a good time.

Here Here!

K

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
mako6950 said:
Going nowhere?? It's been going soemwhere since day 1, why?? Beacause a lot of people put in a lot of time & effort to keep it up & running for ALL MEMBERS who pay nothing to be here. Instead, the costs of running the site & maintaining it are borne by the advertisers.

No one forces you to buy anything from an advertisers, but for a guy to start up a post about group buying, that is not fair to the people who pay to run a business here. Although seeking people to group buy is not running a business
we cannot let people do this as it undermines the intent of the Barn and its overall policy. It will have a derimental effect inthe long run if we let guys do this in open forums.

You have 1 post & it is negative. You have zero right to complain, because clearly you are leeching off the site and have contributed nothing to it.
Tommy,keep up the good work,You too Capt Joe!!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Hey goin south I mean sportfishinusa why must you hide behind phoney screen names and try to make yourself look good and the site bad?I think we all had enough

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
anyone who wants to buy these lights can simply contact a dealer. the price is regulated on them so it is not like you are going to get a great deal if you make 20 phone calls. if you want you can buy directly from hydroglow. he actually charges more than we do.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Members get treated like crap??? Have we treated you like crap. Name 10 members who have been treated like crap in this forum, who didn't deserve it. The Group Buy post didn't rip anyone or treat them like crap. It was a decision that was explained. A far cry from crapping on people.__________________
TOM MULDOON
Moderator - Dry Dock & Offshore Forums

[email protected]

Voted TOP 20 BassBarn Moderator for 4 Years in a Row.

A Closed Mouth Gathers No Foot.
:D :D

1 per him: Barrythebass

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
I pay 190$ for them directly from hydroglow and no shipping...If one breaks, you get a new one for free...I go straight through hydroglow and they have great cheap service

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
I had bought three of them for that price...they all broke, malfunctional ballast or something like that..called up customer service had three new ones in less than a week and paid nothing...abslotuley awesome...if you break one they fix it 90$ and no shipping...........:D :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
conshykid said:
Hey goin south I mean sportfishinusa why must you hide behind phoney screen names and try to make yourself look good and the site bad?I think we all had enough
I thought about that, too...But it doesn't look like his grammer. He always ends with a LOL. Or :D .

K

·
Banned
1,126 Posts
lets hold on here guys..

That is def not me.. i just got back from the vet in point pleasant with my new puppy!!!

I have not been on this site for a long time but i think i have done nothing but good posts except for the last one that got away from us all a little bit!!

i was not looking to bite anyone in the butt and jay i want you to know that along with chuck!!

I am truely sorry for where it went and it went no where... This was not what i wanted to do and with the ok of Mr. Wienberg i would like ot have the opportunity to explain what i was actually trying to do!!

It was not as bad as it sounds!
We get away with a lot of CRAP on this site and Ron is the best guy around and always handles things appropriately and for that i am happy.

I have been on numerous sites and i love this site and i have made many friends thus far and def... do not want to make any enemies..

This thread needs to be locked as after this there i no more need for animosity towards anyone on this site as they say we are all on here for one reason and that is to meet friends and help and learn from each other..

I simply tried to do something nice but believe i have gone around it in the wrong way or handled it the wrong way or was taken the wrong way i am not sure but either way i am still a firm LOVER of the bass barn and i will continue to support all of our sponsors!

I do not need to take anyone business or cut any throats as i am not a big time business with the fishing industry nor do i care to enter into thihs line i work...

I simply prefer to allow myself to support all of the sponsors on this site as i have in the past months...

I got a rod coming from JPR
I got a charter booked well a few with Cavemansportfishing
I am fishing tournaments with different boats
i got another charter with bunkerdown.com
and i have also planned on booking with some other guys
i have been putting together charters and during these hard econimical times this is what we NEED TO DO AS A GROUP!!!

I am doing my part as i hope everyone else on here does.. and if i become a sponsor in the near future i hope poeple also buy from me as well as others

I would like to end this thread with this post and say SORRY JAY AND CHUCK and anyone else who thought i was trying to be decietful and do something behind everyones back but i am not like that nor would i do that.
I am a true business man with a good heart and you can ask some of the guys i have met on here that and they will vouch for me as i am not a jo and i am a real person...

i would like to thank anyone who took the time to read this long drawn out crap..lol hahahahahahah

but once again it will not happen and would like to once again apologize to anyone who thought i was directly out to hurt them;) :) :(

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.