BASS BARN banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just when you think you can do it all....Heres a tier that ties a crab fly that is so realistic, it's scarey!

His name is Richard "Reggie" Regensberg, and even if you don't fish a crab fly, I am sure we can all learn a few tricks from a tyer as tallented as he is. Technique is universal.

I'm think Blackfish on the fly ;) !
Don't forget, if you don't have any materials or tools, come by anyway...we have a few sets to loan out. We hope to see you all there.
..after all, The SJCFA is no group of oldsters discussing recipes.
WE LIVE TO FLY FISH THE SALT!

[ 01-05-2004, 06:33 PM: Message edited by: Frank Mihalic ]

·
Premium Member
5,198 Posts
Frank As always, good looking flies. They NEED to be in the Keys. Ron

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ron,
I have a few new friends that live down your way....MAN can these guys tie!...and fish a little too:p!

·
Registered
7,957 Posts
Good looking crab flies. looks like it will be a must attend meeting for our members and it is the right time of year. What else is there to do on a cold winter Tuesday night.

·
Registered
21,273 Posts
Man I miss the meetings, seeing everyone, PJ's. Now Frank goes and posts the best looking crab fly's I have ever seen!!!

For a pooor soul who can't make meetings can someone (Jay Tenure)take step by steps - Please

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
I will post step by steps on the club website after the upcoming meeting.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I will always remember first meeting Reggie as I must have spent an hour or so going through his book of flys and bait photos at the first meeting I attended as an ASWF member. He took the time to answer all(and I mean all) questions I had. Thank You Reggie - I will never forget it.

Steve Farrar

·
Administrator
7,904 Posts
SF- had a similiar experience...
I met Reggie a few years ago at a show and was amazed by those flies. He tied, I watched, and when he got ready to show somebody something I had seen a few times already...I went to watch the guy in the next booth...Bob P :eek: (didn't know who he was @ the time)...
Then back and forth..and it went on..
I soaked in quite a bit, and a few days later had a vice, to go along with my recently purchased 8 wt.
After that, fly-fishing truely began.

Looking foward this one.

REN

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's funny how some things in life leave such a deep impression on us! People like Bob, Steve, and many others....always gracious and teaching.

..and REN...Your comment about "then the fly fishing began" is oh so true!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts