BASS BARN banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,856 Posts
I saw it it. It was interesting. Looks like a mad place to fish. Like a free for all. Just like the rips in Cape May in the fall. Everyone worried about getting fish no matter if you ruin it for others. Guides all did a good job getting fish for their customers, but you had to watch out for the rocks, waves and idiots.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I saw it too! I record Saltwater Sunday from 6am to 11am every sunday and familiar waters every monday night so i can watch later on,,,, that was a very cool show,, hope to see more episodes in the future!

·
Registered
420 Posts
I saw it for the first time last Sunday. The way they were promoting it on ESPN made it sound like it was going to be one of those shows with competitions and a guide getting voted out of the house each week.
I was pleasantly surprised by the show I saw Sunday and will try and catch it each week from now on.

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Ehhh, yet another reality show. Bah, I say, bah!!! ;)

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
it is a good show...very realistic relative to fishing in the crowded northeast waters

looks like during next week' episode we will see a few tempers flare...

[ 05-14-2006, 07:38 PM: Message edited by: MakeMeNuts ]

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
caught it for the first time this morning. cool show and its nice to finally see some striper action on ESPN.

RyanF

·
Premium Member
5,198 Posts
Saw it this AM & enjoyed most of it.

·
Registered
20,269 Posts
I like flyfishing/boat driving women :D

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
I thought it was a GREAT show!
It promotes just how easy and effective fly fishing can be. The personalities seem to ring true. I am sure in the coming weeks they will spotlight a moement on tackle and flys...
And Amanda sure seems like a sweetie! Nice, professional, hard working.GREAT JOB!!!
And she can fish too!!

Really though, having done the run and gun thing for many years, I can say that this show actually takes you there! Spotting that "smoke on the water" look of a far away school coming up. The Gannetts wheeling way overhead. The mad dash of boats after one school, and a knucklehead who puts them down.
The guides need to be enthusiastic and intense.
I think this show did a great job.

This is AAA Northeast Saltwater Fly Fishing!!

,,,minus the montra one might have of fly tackle belonging on a tiny mountain stream fishing for brookies. HA!!!

Speaking of which...I am off to the water!

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
The English guy should smoking a pipe fishing for cod. Not impressed with his boat handling either.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Seems like combat fishing, typical New Yorker mentality. I want to try Montauk in the fall. Amanda is hot and she can fish. Where's Tred? OLN on Fridays.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts