BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sitting here "self-medicating" after 2 root canals instead of being at the meeting.. again.. (Gotta find a dentist with a more open schedule!)

I'm going to FL for 8 days in August and would love to find a charter for tarpon or bones... Anything within say a 90 minute to 2 hour drive of the Orlando area? Any other recommendations for that area? I can't see golfing or visiting the big mouse 8 days straight...

Thanks.
Pat

·
Premium Member
5,198 Posts
Sit tight. I'll be back. Ron

·
Registered
54 Posts
Shoeb-
I don't know if this will help, but Ed Hurst in Sarasota is top notch. He is very accomplished with fly and is an Orvis approved outfitter. Sarasota, however, is 2+ hours from Orlando. The other problem is that the tarpon season is about over and Ed usually does back country guiding for trout and snook later in the season. If interested his phone: 941-925-1871 and email: [email protected]

best of luck,

fishnherb
Member IGFA, RFA

·
Premium Member
5,198 Posts
Pat Sorry it took so long. This is from my friend in the area. Larry Fowler 407-568-7777. Comes highly recommended from 2 people who fish in Indian River & Mosquita(sp) lagoon 2 or 3 times a week (about an hour from Orlando). I do not know the man, but if these guys say he is allright, he is allright. Should be large redfish at that time. Give him a call & see if you like what you hear. Let me know the results. I'll be there in Oct. Ron

·
Banned
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Ron! I'll post again after I talk to him.

·
Registered
52,618 Posts
SHOEB---I'M GOING TO SEE THE LITTLE RAT IN EARLY NOV. AND AM LOOKING FOR SOE OTHER THINGS.I'LL PAY ATTENTION TO HOW YOU DO AND IF YOU WERE HAPPY.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts