BASS BARN banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was fishing great bay today. My buddy had some Gulp Chartruese minnows on and killed the Fluke. He had about 20 fish. I was using the Gulp rust brown shrimp with little success. It is hard to determine which color is realy the best. We always use some squid to tip them with. Any opinions on colors?

·
Registered
682 Posts
I have heard that Chartreuse is the best color. I have caught them on white 3" minnows. I have never caught one of the penny shrimp. Others swear by them

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
I've been using the penny shrimp and have had some sucess. I wouldn't say I've been killing them though. If the chartruese killed'em today I might just have to get me a pack. I'm not a proud man I can change with the times.

Any size to those fluke?

·
Registered
11,411 Posts
I carry a pack of each of their colors and if one isn't working I switch up. The new penny does seem to produce better in cleaner water. I just grabbed two new colors for the gulp shrimp, lime tiger and electric chicken, little brighter colors. Might be the ticket for dirty water.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I got fluke with the Gulp chartruse swimbaits on a bucktail a couple weeks back in Raritan Bay. All shorts. I had a pack of the new penny shrimp and I switched to those to see if the size of the fish would change. No hits, nada. Switched back to the chartruse swimbaits and they started again. No keepers though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts