BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went to the tackle shop to get these penny shrimp! My kid is not a believer but Im gonna give it a shot tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Originally posted by Fin-Advisor:
went to the tackle shop to get these penny shrimp! My kid is not a believer but Im gonna give it a shot tomorrow.
I had always been skepticle of these "plastic baits" for salt water fish (fresh water's a different story). Last year, I tried some of the GULP worms and was amazed at the results. Fluke and Weaks seem to go nuts for them! I use them all the time now and almost always catch more fish than anyone using any other bait.

·
Registered
908 Posts
One head-to-head challenge with your son, and
you'll both be believers! I haven't bought
minnows since the first time I tried them last
year. It doesn't seem to matter what color or
pattern you use, they all work...shrimp, swim
minnows, and jerk shads. Good luck and let us
know how you make out!

·
Registered
379 Posts
I was out today behind Strathmere and caught 6 on gulp shrimp in 2&1/2 hours. There were a ton of other boats and the only other fish I saw caught was on a gulp shrimp. All the shoebees had minnies and squid and I did not see a fish netted. I won't buy bait anymore for flounder! Good luck trying them! Get'em Wet! Pig

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
Gulp is NOT a plastic ,it is a biogradeable fully scented material, leave it on your hook in the air and it will become hard as concrete
Have caught over 200 fluke on all of the shrimp ,not just new penny along with weakfish and stripers

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
I'm a believer. In the past week I have caught keeper flounder and weakies on both the copper and the white Gulp shrimp 2" & 3".

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
last five trips 7-8-8-8-5 all keepers on gulp shrimp.shrewsbury river at mouth of sandy hook bay.lots of keepers up north.come on up

·
Registered
13,997 Posts
Originally posted by Fin-Advisor:
I wasn't a believer either till last year. Me and Tom Muldoon out in the bay fishing fresh cut sheddar and GULP crabs. The GULP's outfished the fresh ripe sheddar hands down. If I didn't see it with my own eyes, I would not have believed it!!!

I grabbed four bags of various GULP's today. BTW I don't own stock in Berkeley. :)

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
hell most of my fish this year were on gulb crab or jerk bait.i have to say that they do work ,but like willie said do not leave them out of the water or package too long,or you will be sorry,matt

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Be a believer, I don't fish for weakfish that often myself, but a couple of people I know have probably got around 40 weakies on the Gulp Shrimp this spring. Last night I watched them grab around 10 or 12 weaks, all were small, but if the big ones were around, I'm sure they would have got em. They work great for fluke as well.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Also like SweetR said, once your done for the day, take it off the hook and throw it away, otherwise it'll dry up and be murder to get off. I think penny was the most productive color.

·
Registered
557 Posts
The penny shrimp are nice. I use a whole one on a bucktail for flatties and sometimes I'll cut one into three peices and put them on a seabass rig. The seabass love 'em and thay stay on the hook almoost all day unlike clams. Good luck proving your son wrong!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Gulp baits are awsome, you don't have to throw it away when your done. Put it back in the bag and use it again and again. Stays great till the blues tear it up or flounder rip it off the hook.

·
Registered
6,383 Posts
went out with a few friends sat, corsons. I caught 8 fluke using top and bottom rig. Minnow on a bare hook, gulp 3" penny shrimp on the bucktail. 7 of the fluke were caught on the gulp penny shrimp, one on a live minnow. We were also using sheddar. I know the other three people caught more of them on the gulps as well, but don't know their exact ratios.

1st year I'm using gulps and I am sold! also have the blood worms, night crawlers and 3 inch minnow gulps.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Ok So I'm heading down to the back bays of Wildwood...North Wildwood and Sea Isle...So if I'm reading this right a Hi-Low Rig with Gulp Shrimp 3" Copper might catch me something? I only get to take a one or two people out when I'm down and I like them to catch something. I fish for fun and fishing is fishing but one timers should be able to catch something. I wanna help them...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts