BASS BARN banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw them at DICKS this weekend. Has anyone had any luck with them? Are they worth the $ ?:confused:

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Just OK

I bought some last year and tried them for perch. I got a few on them. But the ones I had were thin and didn't stay on the hook well. This year I'm using real bloods. I still have a pack of them for emergencies.

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
I have the gulp Bloods and Sands,. I don t think they are terribly effective for flounder or perch...because they arent very Flexible but they are good on a jighead for Weakies and stripers in the bay, If i could make a suggestion with regards to perch and flounder you have to constantly jiggle them..to give them some action & movement to attract strikes, and you really cant cut them up too short or there is no movement at all.
Liv 2 Fish
forced 2 Work

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
I have had some success with them in the surf for kingfish,but do better with the "fishbites"imitation bloods.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Bloods

upchuck said:
Saw them at DICKS this weekend. Has anyone had any luck with them? Are they worth the $ ?:confused:
We carry both the Glup and the FishBytes, while I have never used the FishBytes I have heard good things about them for Kingfish. I have used the Glup (both styles of Bloods) and the Swiming Mullett and have had very good luck on the Flounder with both. Just like every bait the work better on some days than others.

I was in OC MD a few years ago when they couldn't get any minnows and I was out fishing all the frozen baits with the Gulp and ended up leaving all I had left with some of the guys on the dock.

Mike

·
Registered
944 Posts
I have found that most gulp products work except for the blood worms.
Fishbites bloods have done much better when I have used them.IMO

·
Registered
6,932 Posts
I hear they don't work in water temp below 60 degrees.Not sure if thats fact or fiction!!

Nothing like the real bloodys for me!! ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts