BASS BARN banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gulp Bloods, has anyone done any good on Stripers with these artificial blood worms?
Thanks
Joe

·
Registered
180 Posts
Gulp Bloods

I Starting Using Gulp Bloods Last Year. I Have Caught Small Bass On Them As Well As A Large Variety Of Other Bottom Dwelling Fish

·
Registered
12 Posts
Gulp

I caught a 31'' striper last year in the delaware on a red gulp blood. i never tried the natural colored worms.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
All the GULP works great. I'm sure they will work better if you work them like you would work a rubber worm for largemouth bass.

I KNOW The 7" Jerk Shads and 6" curl tail Grubs will outfish ANYTHING on a jig head for stripers if you work them in front of their nose.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Guatemala Dave said:
I KNOW The 7" Jerk Shads and 6" curl tail Grubs will outfish ANYTHING on a jig head for stripers if you work them in front of their nose.
Dave....I agree, I have done GREAT on the Gulp grubs but just "OK" on the jerk shads.

What type of hook do you recommend for the jerk bait?

I didn't know they made a 6" curly tail, I have only seen the 3" & 4". If they do make them, they would be perfect used on a bucktail in The Rips.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
snichols said:
Dave....I agree, I have done GREAT on the Gulp grubs but just "OK" on the jerk shads.

What type of hook do you recommend for the jerk bait?

I didn't know they made a 6" curly tail, I have only seen the 3" & 4". If they do make them, they would be perfect used on a bucktail in The Rips.
The 6 in curly tails came out late last season and Dave had a nice supply last December. We used them in the rips on a trip with Skip on the Stalker and they worked but my brother had better luck with the jerk shads than the curly tails. I had good results using the 4 & 5 in sand eels on a teaser:)

Havent had too much luck on 7 in, but 5 in jerk shads work good on a straight shank hook for flounder

1 - 12 of 12 Posts