BASS BARN banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone use Gulp bloodworms surf fishing? What size hooks do you use surffishing with clams and bloodworms. Thanks for the help:thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,334 Posts
it is a little too early to use them now, wait till the water warms up to the mid 60's never caught stripers on them but have caught plenty of pan fish

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Anyone ever use the Gulp clam?

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I am going to try the blood worms in the river. Maybe the perch will like them

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
yep, i tried the clam and i tried the crab. the bass will not touch them.:huh:
I did some searching and found others saying the same thing.

John Skinner had a video using Gulp Shrimp for tog that seem to work really well.

The Gulp swimming mullet and jerk shad work well on bass, blues, weakies and flounder in the bay for me last year.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I did some searching and found others saying the same thing.

John Skinner had a video using Gulp Shrimp for tog that seem to work really well.

The Gulp swimming mullet and jerk shad work well on bass, blues, weakies and flounder in the bay for me last year.

I think John Skinner can catch fish with a dirty tissue...matter of fact, I bet he can catch fish on vegetables..Broccoli anyone...lol

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
Skinner catches more fish on the surf than Bill Dance does in an overstocked farm pond. That guy is amazing and totally changed the way I fished last year.

·
Registered
251 Posts
baytime, if your fishing for kingfish in the summer, Fishbites blood works way better than Gulp blood.
I can vouch for that too. Kingfish, spot, baby blues all prefer the Fishbites over the Gulp bloods.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I actually have huge success with gulp bloods, and gulp products in general. The bloods I catch a lot of kingfish , spot, and croaker, no stripers though. I always use a green swimming mullets for flounder, I find the best success is a gulp in bottom live killie on top. For hook sizes I use 7/0 or 6/0 for striper, however I can't use anything other than real live clams. You just can't replicate that scent trail!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts