BASS BARN banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since opening day I have been searching for stripers on foot from Breezy Point to IBSP and every where in between, throwing artificial's and dunking bait. I've spent a good 40 hours looking for fish with not so much as a skate. Needless to say my fishing buddy and myself were starting to turn on one another due to the lack of fish. Last year we had several keepers each by mid April. But we remained patient and kept fishing. This past weekend it paid off while fishing from a pier in NYC. He caught the big one on the left but I got the other two. I encouraged him to release her because I knew she was filled with eggs but he wasn't hearing it. That being said, not one bit of these fish went to waste, including the heads, so please spare me with the "oh you killed a breeder" speech. We took some prime cuts and gave them to the local veterans, gave some to our friends and neighbors, some to the other fisherman watching us and not catching anything and put some in our freezers. These fish essentially fed our neighborhood, at least for a few meals. It's been a long winter, I've been hunting these fish for weeks to no avail so yes I am going to legally harvest my catch. I usually practice C&R but not this time, sorry PETA!

Fish Fish Bass Carp Ray-finned fish Fish Fish Trout Bass Cutthroat trout

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Is anyone else fishing around NYC and if so how are you doing? Has anyone seen any action off of the piers? Any Blues around yet?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.