BASS BARN banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a mechanic to go over my Volvo diesels. Has anyone had any experience good or bad with engines Inc.
Thanks,
Doug

·
Registered
258 Posts
I am pretty sure thats who the Carolyn Ann III in barnegat light uses on their big volvos. If so those guys are top notch, really know volvos. There are plenty of guys that will work on em for you but few actually know the engines real well.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Without bashing in a public forum, I will be polite and just say I DO NOT recommend them for any work, Period. If you would like to know my reason as to why, send me a pm and I will be more then happy to tell my tale of woe.....

·
Registered
20 Posts
easy to bash

Tiara3100 said:
Without bashing in a public forum, I will be polite and just say I DO NOT recommend them for any work, Period. If you would like to know my reason as to why, send me a pm and I will be more then happy to tell my tale of woe.....
I want to say that they have worked on my Mann's for years. They have pulled off the impossible for me many times. Joe is one of the best mechanics in S Jersey. I would highly recomend them for any work any time

·
Registered
333 Posts
Forked River Diesel is who I would recommend fair, fast and reasonable. As far as you question on the other guys - like my parents always said; if you don't have anything nice to say better to say nothing at all.

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
Used John Lane before at Forked River with excellent results

Forked River Diesel rebuilt both my Volvo engines quickly and for a fair price a few years ago. Excellent work and a pleasure to work with. Have no experience with the rest except Eckels and they have always been fair and prompt. I think most all the Volvo repair outfits get real busy so planning would be the secret to getting your work done before the season. Good luck

·
Banned
269 Posts
was never happy with them ever.....

and I know alot of others feel the same way, echels in cape may is much better for volvos. good luck

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I used Engines, Inc. for some warranty work on my Cummins and also bought my extended warranties through them. Unfortunately, they "forgot" to remit my extended warranty money to Cummins. Cummins did a great job once this was discovered since I was able to produce the cancelled check and the cover letter to Engines, Inc. Cummins made them fork the mioney over and installed the extended warranties for me.

The fomer tech at Engines, Chuck Bernard, is now on his own and does great work. His company is CB Diesel and can be reached at 908-783-5156. He shows up when he says, he does good work, and his prices seem OK. I know he is qualified on Cummins and Volvos plus others.

·
Registered
82 Posts
"The fomer tech at Engines, Chuck Bernard, is now on his own and does great work. His company is CB Diesel and can be reached at 908-783-5156"

I agree with Capt. Lindsay. Chuck is a stand up guy. Good work, fair price, and he shows up when he say's he will....The complete opposite of Engines Inc.

·
Banned
269 Posts
CAPT. LINDSAY said:
I used Engines, Inc. for some warranty work on my Cummins and also bought my extended warranties through them. Unfortunately, they "forgot" to remit my extended warranty money to Cummins. Cummins did a great job once this was discovered since I was able to produce the cancelled check and the cover letter to Engines, Inc. Cummins made them fork the mioney over and installed the extended warranties for me.

The fomer tech at Engines, Chuck Bernard, is now on his own and does great work. His company is CB Diesel and can be reached at 908-783-5156. He shows up when he says, he does good work, and his prices seem OK. I know he is qualified on Cummins and Volvos plus others.
That is horrible, but not as bad as some of the true horror stories that I've heard from people, not just in the AC area but all over the eastern seaboard, it is a shame. If u cant trust your boat mechanic u got big problems. good luck

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks Guys,
I have been trying to get a hold of C n B but I had a different number for him and would never get an answer. I left a few messages but no reply. Maybe I had the wrong number I will try the number you provided.
Thanks again
Doug

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Toggytime,

Chuck is a good mechanic. He works on my Detroits. Gives a fair price and gets on it right away. If you have no luck with the number above let me know on the post and I can E-mail you his cell number. Try to get a hold of him soon because he gets busy this time of year. Good luck.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts