1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came over the bridge from Strathmere into OC yesterday at DEAD low tide,

The sand has really shifted this year,

What do you guys think??
I don't travel that inlet anymore ( for about 3 yrs) it looks like Strathmere will connect to OC in a year or two???

I used to eat at Deauville Inn by boat and still had plenty of water at low tide near the inside of the inlet and now it looks really closed in.

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
I just checked it out today on low tide and little wind
It is WHITE all the way across,did not see a channel.
South point looks like is comes out 100 yards further than last year.
Should be interesting this year if it doesn't change
Our tax dollars are being used to pump sand onto OC beaches and the sand ends up in Corson Inlet and below.
When will our leaders learn that pumping sand back onto a beach front is not the answer
I suspect Great Egg will be different this year also given the amount of sand Atlantic city is pumping.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
The pictures don't show how closed up it is, breaking all the way across, I've been thru corsons before wouldn't try it now!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Looks like that every year... Besides there's no fish around Corsons anyway. Just Jet skis, lots and lots of Jet Skis. You need to fish another inlet.

[ 03-08-2004, 10:33 AM: Message edited by: Ramblin ]

·
Registered
20,269 Posts
That fast rip off the tip of Strathmere used to be one of my favorite spots to throw metals for stripers and blues on a honkin tide change... it was totally worthless last year and looks even worse now... scratch another one. :(

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
Never has been very good fishing around Corson and looks worse now

1 - 12 of 12 Posts