BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried using GULP freshwater in the saltwater.I got some 3" swimming(curly tail) in Chartruse and Pumkinseed you get twice as many for the same price and a store has them 1/2 price.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I talked with a fisherman that had excellent success on stripers with the Berkley Gulp! freshwater 5" sinking worm in pearl silver. He claimed that they worked as good as the Gulp!saltwater baits.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I just picked up a bunch at K-Mart in 3 and 5" and plan to try them starting Saturday in the OCNJ area. Of course I will look for a few that are catching the bigguns on this board while down and post a report.

·
Registered
185 Posts
caught short (20 in.) on 10 inch black shad berkley freshwater worm worm in suds in may. it's all i use for sweet water. just caught five nice largemouth on em tonight they rule! used the three inch penny shrimp over weekend with good success on several species.

·
Registered
848 Posts
luke,
I used the pumplin seeds yesterday and today. the rig I used was a white 1/2 oz. bucktail with the pumpkin seed with about a 6" leader attached to a three way and a 36" leader with a 2/0 hook with a minnie on it. f
Fished behind Avalon. Caught about 18 flatties with about 3 comming on the pumpkin seed. I think with more expermenting the ratio will go up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts