BASS BARN banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We had a call from Captain Dan Rooks (Tuna Duck).
the bluefin tuna show up in number today, all looking good and the dates matches last year's early bite :)

Tight lines
Sami

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
yeah i heard it was good today .
hope to see a report.
Hi Paul,
We will fill you up toward the end of next week, we have 2 groups and we are chartering 2 boats, 1 for 2 days and the other for 4 days, Hatteras was on fire last year after the 6th of February :), if i am not mistaken we should hit it right at the beginning.

Tight lines
Sami

·
Registered
182 Posts
yeah i heard it was good today .
hope to see a report.
We fished aboard The Bite Me with Captain Jay yesterday. The bluefin did show a couple of times. Very small pods and were moving very fast. Threw stickbaits at them twice but no love and had 1 hook up on a jig for less than a minute. The troll boats but a couple of fish in the box especially the green stickers. I believe us and the Tuna Duck were the only 2 boat jigging. Didn't hear of a single fish taken on the jig or stickbait. The signs are there and it should be lights out like Sami said within the week. The cold inshore water is pushing very hard to the south and its forcing the BFT into the hot stuff. They should be schooled up very soon. Despite having no BFT love we had a blast pulling on AJ's, Trigger Fish and hunting down the BFT.

If your going to book a trip I would do it now because it is going to happen just like it did last year and the boats are going to fill quick.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts