BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here's the report. We left the dock at 530 am. Ran 50 miles didn't have a bite all day. Saw nothing on top. Marked a few at 180 feet fires the jigs down-- nada. Got boarded by the coast guard which wasted 1.5 hrs of our day. Got back on the troll and we got two bites in the bottom of the 9th 2 outs (330) and made one count tagged a nice 77-78 incher. Capt and mate worked hard for us all day. There were 3 bites out out of the fleet today and we had 2 so can't complain there. Good luck too all that go. Be back at it in 3 weeks out of OI.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Boy, thats no good, the gaurd kept me an hour and half the day before and did not know the law on Bluefin. I could have told them it was a yellowfin and they would have been gone in 15min. Boarding party was first class, but the CO should be keel hauled! The fish are doing the outer loop thing, they be back.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Wednesday was real good, fish all over on top. Thursday was a hack, fish all down deep, 1 slight bite on a jig. THEN, as we turned tail to head in at 2pm, we got a 2 HOUR CG boarding. This pisses me off in ways I cannot even explain. Instead of getting home at 1:30, I got home at 3:30am, losing 2 hours of sleep. ALSO, if this was under the guise of "SAFETY", the delay caused us to get caught in an ever increasing south wind and put us at a notoriously nasty inlet (Hatteras) AFTER DARK!!!! :thumbsdown: I appreciate the CG and everything they do, but COME ON!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.