BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a wonderful boat, 36' x 16' fishing catamaran, in Cape May and don't get to use it enough. I try to do a lot of offshore fishing and definately can not do it alone or with just one or two other guys. I have a handful of fishing buddies that fish with me, but its hard to get enough together when the weather allows us to get offshore. I'm looking to get a list going of Barners that would like the opportunity to fish with us. We are all non drinkers, so we will not tolerate heavy drinking on the boat.
If you want to be invited to fish with us, please e-mail me your contact info (e-mail and cell phone number), experience level and type of fishing you would like to be contacted about.
We will be fishing inshore for Striper, Flounder, Sea Bass, Drum, etc until the Tuna show up. Kids and wives are welcome when we do fun inshore days.
We are not a charter boat, you will be expected to do your share of the chunking, cleaning, etc.
[email protected]

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
George,
no doubt, times are a changing. You should put a picture up of your boat, that will impress some of these folks,

Captn Joe

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
yes

A picture and a few more details about the boat would help. Outboard, Inboard, diesel, gas, safety eqip.??? etc. Not trying to bust your stones, you are makimg a good offer.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Joe, I don't know how to post an image? Do you think I should post and image from when it was next to you or now?
Can I send you an image to post?

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
George,
Send a picture of the way it looks now. I - like you , have no clue on how to do it.

But if you can email it to s
omeone around here I am sure they would help
Captn Joe

·
Registered
723 Posts
What do you consider "heavy drinking"? I'm only 158LBS:D niiiiiiice.Good luck Capt.a good crew can be tuff to come by.

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
A word about the Captain here

Have known him for Capt George for many years now along with his fishing buddie from Philly who also is a captain but does not charter. They saved my night this past summer when they got on a great night tuna bite and called me over and we ended up having one of our better nights offshore due to Capt George calling us over. They had the tuna all around their boat when most boats that night we know struggled but they found the fish away from the fleet all by themselves. Very hard core serious fisherman that are very good at it. Also seen these guys catch 400 lb bluefin tuna from Capt George's other 24 foot boat he trailers down to Morehead City, NC in the winter more than once. Good luck guys and I think with the price of fuel we will see more anglers looking for new fishing buddies to fish with.

·
Banned
1,126 Posts
I am in and have the funds to contribute

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Hound dog..I live in huntigdon valley too...We should get together and have a few beers at calloways....Ed

·
Registered
196 Posts
hi capt, im interested in fishing with you. im new to offshore fishing(went 2x). i am hard working, quick to learn, easy going, dont drink or smoke, available to fish 10-12 times/yr. best of all, i have gas money(ouch!). cell phone 610-823-9581, email [email protected] , or home phone 610-779-8111. i live near reading, pa but my mother lives in oc,nj and i visit as often as i can afford. peace out, steve

·
Registered
9,251 Posts
capt,

work at the lobster house (on the schooner) in cape may. When Im not fishing on other boats I have 4 regular boats, 2 inshore 2 offshore, plus the small skiff I own. I'd be happy to fish any time you guys go. I am available on weekdays. Hard worker on the boat, when I'm fishing, im working, not relaxing.

heres my cell , my name is Josh, 856-520-0264, add me to your list.
-Josh

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
If you want me for offshore stuff,I'd love to join ya's.I'm a retired fireman from NY who is 52 yrs old.I have my own boat for the inshore stuff,but would love to be included for tuna trips out of Cap May.
John 609-312-2978
[email protected]
can be ready on short notice )

·
Registered
590 Posts
Hounddogcat:

Just sent you email. I'm always ready to go out..

Frank
:)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just wanted to say a few things;
I love this site. The response to this post gave me high hopes for this offshore season.
I do want to mention that I do not want to take any business away from our charter fleet here in southern Jersey. I am friends with many of the local captains and I feel for them. If I don't get to go fishing, I don't get to go fishing, if they don't get out, its their livelihood. It is going to be a tough summer if fuel prices do not go down. If you had any intentions on booking a charter with a local boat, do not let my invitation cause you to reconsider. Unfortunately for those of you that have not caught a tuna, it is addicting and I'll expect if you haven't looked into booking a charter or hopping on an open boat charter, you will.
Thank you for the responses, I look forward to fishing with as many new friends as I can.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts