BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My good buddy Bob Cummings is a die hard bass chunker he went to a favorite spot in 12 feet of water in the lower bay on his Regulator, the Lady J, with his brother Bruce. ( They own and operate Bayview nurseries in Northfield) The bass were slow to bite and he had a few 34-36 inchers. Bob fishes 4500 baitrunners with 20 lb. line. He got a pick up on a head and set the hook. It didn't matter to the fish that Bob was honking on the rod to stop him with the drag up as high as he dared, he just slowly swam off down tide. It seemed that there was no way to stop the fish so Bob shouted to hitch up the ball and get off the anchor. Of course, he forgot the short anchor line he uses in the shallows and had 200 ft on the anchor. By the time they got off the ball, he was down to less than a quarter spool! End of story- 10 minutes later they slipped the net under a 52" beauty. the next day she weighed 60 lbs even at Dolfin Dock in Somers Point. Last night he stopped at the boat and asked if I had ever seen a 50 lb bass. I said, " No, why?" He said, "Neither have I but I've seen a 60." What a fish. He is 6'2 and about 250 himself and you can see from the pic that the fish goes from his eyes to below his knees. He is my friend that had the 43 1/2 lber earlier in the season with me. He now has a 3 fish total of 138 lbs in the contest. Just wanted to share.

Here is a side view

[ 11-18-2004, 05:40 PM: Message edited by: Capt Steve ]

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
All i can say is :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: !

Congrats on the fish i've been hunting for a long time.

52 x ?

Just think she weighed more before she went on the ice.

Thanx for sharing this steve, and congrats to Bob!

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
HOLY COW :eek: :eek: :D

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Well congratulatiuons Bob!! Now you just set a higher standard for all the members in the 50+ catergory. Me not included in any of them :(

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
AWESOME FISH !!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
596 Posts
What a fish he missed the fisherman dream boat contest by a few days. But still has one hell of a fish. Nice job!!!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I heard the news of a 60# caught while getting bait at Jim's this morning......couldn't wait to get home and see it.

[ 11-18-2004, 08:30 PM: Message edited by: fishkid01 ]

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
That is friggin awesome.

Thanks for sharing

That coming off anchor thing is something that lurks in my mind all the time

Just awesome

1 - 20 of 55 Posts