BASS BARN banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to core creek tomorrow with my friend and we want to target bass and cats. Bass were gonna throw crankbaits and nightcrawlers at them along with senkos. Do they like any sort of senko in particular? Also, what kind of set up and bait works best for the cats there. I tried using nightcrawlers on a 1 ounce egg sinker last time no luck. Any help is appreciated! Also, what are the trout hitting there now?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Green pumpkin senko. Ditch the night crawlers and catch some sunnies and cut them up fresh for bait. Bass is better bait but they are out of season. Channels are spawning there now and will be close to bank.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I am going to core creek tomorrow with my friend and we want to target bass and cats. Bass were gonna throw crankbaits and nightcrawlers at them along with senkos. Do they like any sort of senko in particular? Also, what kind of set up and bait works best for the cats there. I tried using nightcrawlers on a 1 ounce egg sinker last time no luck. Any help is appreciated! Also, what are the trout hitting there now?
Core creek is a very tough lake to fish, although it became my favorite go to spot after catching a bunch of 4.5 pounders the last two seasons. I like to hit the far end of the lake around Mill Creek road. Pitch Havoc pit bosses or texas rig jigs into overhanging tree limbs etc. and you will see what I mean. I have also used a spinner bait called a pond hopper (or something along those llines by Booyah and a small black buzz bait by SK). I've caught sunnies, Bass and Crappie on the spinner and buzz bait. The buzz bait you can throw it topwater or even just let in sink a few inches under water too (to make somewhat of a spinner bait type lure) which works very well. So much fun but I've since moved out of Bucks county into Delco and am missing that place. Let us know how you do. Good luck. Also I apologize that this was a day later than you were going but it will work for next time.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Core creek is a very tough lake to fish, although it became my favorite go to spot after catching a bunch of 4.5 pounders the last two seasons. I like to hit the far end of the lake around Mill Creek road. Pitch Havoc pit bosses or texas rig jigs into overhanging tree limbs etc. and you will see what I mean. I have also used a spinner bait called a pond hopper (or something along those llines by Booyah and a small black buzz bait by SK). I've caught sunnies, Bass and Crappie on the spinner and buzz bait. The buzz bait you can throw it topwater or even just let in sink a few inches under water too (to make somewhat of a spinner bait type lure) which works very well. So much fun but I've since moved out of Bucks county into Delco and am missing that place. Let us know how you do. Good luck. Also I apologize that this was a day later than you were going but it will work for next time.
We ended up catching just sunnies the entire time :huh:/ We both had three rods a piece. None of the cats touched our chicken liver or cut sunny. Could not get the bass to hit our crankbaits. It was a beautiful day out but we will def use your information next time! It is definitely a nice but very hard to fish lake.

·
Banned
412 Posts
There is a difference between a hard place to fish and a place that flat out sucks. That place flat out sucks . Every year there is oxygen level problems. There aren't a lot of fish there. That's my opinion I haven't fished it for years from the experience I've had there I will never go back.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
It is a tough lake. I hate how it's always windy there, and somehow always seems to be either too hot or too cold out when I'm there.

·
Registered
506 Posts
The lake is tough because it gets preassure. There are some really big bass in there and 20+lb channel catfish. Stop fishing the stupid little public docks and access points. You have to venture out to the lesser fished places. Another thing to do is find offshore cover. There are a few spots i know with decent rock piles reachable from shore with a texas or carolina rig. Everyone is using spinnerbaits and worms, gotta switch it up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.