BASS BARN banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to rerig my spearguns with some fresh mono (200# and up) Ive used momoi hi viz 400 lb outrigger line before but it caused too much drag and had too much memory.

Which heavy 200lb mono do you guys prefer for any use that holds up well and is reasonably priced?

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Is this a free-dive gun or a wreck-diving gun?

My Biller is rigged with the 400# black outrigger line. I am partial to Momoi. Regular, not the diamond. It's softer than normal leaders.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I use my mako for double duty, its a pretty versatile gun I can freedive all day with it and hit a wreck or reef or live bottom and have no problem taking anything down. Ive used momoi hi viz 400lb outrigger before but it was on little euro guns with light shafts, and it slowed them down considerably.

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
The Black Momoi seems to have a different feel to it. Dont know if it will help the problem, but I have noticed a difference between the black and other colors. ( just like smaller 40lb black leader material, feels softer for some reason) Maybe that will help??

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Soft is good, crimps easier and less memory and that means avoiding kinks in the mono for my gun rigging... kinks make a mess when the shooting line tangles in the bands if it isnt rigged right.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts