BASS BARN banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But long time lurker.

Im fairly new to the whole weakfish scene and I need a little advice. I would really like to catch some weakfish using jigs and plastics but im not sure where I should go? Im pretty much clueless when it comes to finding a spot where the weakies are holding. Im thinking maybe in the back someplace, bridge, sod banks, ect...

I tend to fish Cape May point on the rocks, but im getting to old to risk climbing the rocks. Plus i just dont have the energy in searching for new spots. :( Thus the asking for the advice.

Thanks

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
Ah, Grasshopper! You need to reveal more of yourself. Seek and ye shall find, ask and the doors will be opened unto you!

There is not one 'spot'. Fishing changes with the clock. Here today, gone tomorrow. Where do you seek such info.?

·
Registered
13,030 Posts
Welcome aboard!! This time of year they are in the back bays. Try CISP. HAPPY DAYS.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
donnie,this time of year is the best time to seek "big" weakies.i like the many bridges in south jersey.just drive from spot to spot,never spending too much time in any one spot.if the fish are not there keep looking.this works for me,and when you find them,they most likly will be in the same spot for weeks ,just at differant times"tides" of the night.of coarse use a pink zoom for a lure"if it's not broke don't fix it" :D every year is differant on how many weakies show up ,lets just hope they show up,good fishing matt

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by Jimbo:
Ah, Grasshopper! You need to reveal more of yourself. Seek and ye shall find, ask and the doors will be opened unto you!

There is not one 'spot'. Fishing changes with the clock. Here today, gone tomorrow. Where do you seek such info.?
Thanks for the reply, I have Ocean city south to Cape May in mind. Im not looking to steal a spot from anyone, just share. ;) Id really prefere sod banks, but Im clueless.

Thanks

[ 04-26-2004, 05:48 AM: Message edited by: Donnie27 ]

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Welcome aboard!!!

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Donnie27,
Welcome to the BassBarn.Com,
Glad To Have You Aboard................

Concentrate finding Trout around the SouthJersey Inlets,Beaches&Sodbanks during the Early Morning
and around Sunset.Then After Dark Check out the
Bridges,Weakfish Love Structure and Bait Under
the Lights...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by NIGHTSTRIKES:
Donnie27,
Welcome to the BassBarn.Com,
Glad To Have You Aboard................

Concentrate finding Trout around the SouthJersey Inlets,Beaches&Sodbanks during the Early Morning
and around Sunset.Then After Dark Check out the
Bridges,Weakfish Love Structure and Bait Under
the Lights...
Thanks for the info Nightstrikes. Im gonna go scouting on Tuesday, maybe I can find a few spots? We will see.

Thanks

·
Registered
341 Posts
Or you can stop in at your local tackle shop. We can put you up to date and give you some spots to try, Paul aka Budha who works for me in the afternoons at Hands Too is the guru of weakfish, we'd be glad to help any way we can. Thanks Tim

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by Hand's B&T:
Or you can stop in at your local tackle shop. We can put you up to date and give you some spots to try, Paul aka Budha who works for me in the afternoons at Hands Too is the guru of weakfish, we'd be glad to help any way we can. Thanks Tim
Im sorry but im familar with the area and ive never heard of your shop. :(

So where is a good spot?

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Originally posted by Donnie27:
[/qb]
Im sorry but im familar with the area and ive never heard of your shop. :(

[/QB][/QUOTE]

Hands Has Two Locations.One At Cape May Marine,
and the other at the base of the Bridge on the
Right before you go over into CapeMay at the
End of the G.S.Pky...Directions Are On Their
Website, Check Them Out....Good Luck To You...

·
Registered
341 Posts
Thanks NightStrikes, for pointing the direction to my store. Donnie it has been requested on the barn that exact locations are not posted to avoid offending anyone. Drop by the store and i'll pull out the map and give you plenty of info, Thanks Tim.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts