BASS BARN banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'am a liitle new at this striper thing. I keep my boat in Cape May. Would anyone like to give me a little push in the right direction to find the almighty Striper. any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
820 Posts
Easy enough...
drift paralell to some sod banks and cast some poppers as close to them as you can. yank the popper so it sprays water and makes a popping sound at different speeds. You'll get em. Might have to wait until the water warms a bit though. It's a blast.
Good luck.

·
Registered
52,618 Posts
Originally posted by Scott S.:
Hey guys I'am a liitle new at this striper thing. I keep my boat in Cape May. Would anyone like to give me a little push in the right direction to find the almighty Striper. any help would be appreciated
GO TO A TACKLE SHOP THAT SELL'S CHARTS.ASK FOR 1 OF THE MOUTH OF THE BAY TO SHIP JOHN LIGHT.ASK THE GUY AT THE SHOP WHERE THE ACTION HAS BEEN AND TO GIVE YOU THE RIGHT BAIT.IF YOU FIND A SHOP AND BECOME A REGULAR HE WILL HELP YOU.THEY KNOW WHERE IT'S HAPPENING.WHERE YOU DOCK YOUR BOAT MAKE FRIENDS AND SHARE YOU INFO.NETWORKING IS THE BEST INFO BESIDES REMEMBERING WHAT YOU HAVE DONE WHERE AT WHAT TIDE AT WHAT TEMP. AND WHAT TIME OF YEAR.

WELCOME TO THE BARN.GOOD LUCK.STARTING THIS WEEKEND DRUMFISH AND FLOUNDER WILL COME TO THE FOREFRONT.

·
Registered
47 Posts
There are a lot of people on The Barn who are very knowledgeable, the hard part is figuring out who is full of crap, it won't take long. Only kidding. I posted a similar request about a year ago. Just listen to what most people say here, ask your local bait shop (there are some good ones on the home page), and go fishing.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I would have 3 bits of information

1) Time on the water
2) Time on the water
3) Oh yes, did I mention, time on the water?

All this is to say, information is your best bait, preferably in the form of experience. However, if you can get good info anywhere, here, shops, neighbors at the dock, you will be on your way.

The will to fish is extreamly important. If you want to catch 'em bad enough, you will find 'em;

If you loose the will to fish, you might as well stay home, save money, have a pale complextion and talk and read about it

·
Registered
341 Posts
Stop in at Capt Tates or Hands Too. we'd be glad to show you any spots areas structure baits lures time of year time of day. My greatest glory in this business is when someone comes back and says, "Tim man thanks I got into them or hey get your camera can you take a picture to hang up and such." we'll do our best to help you out. Thanks Tim

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Read Capt. Harvey's articles (on his web site) some of the best written and clear instructions on methods to catch stripers and such.

Good luck to you and post what you catch. Oh yeah, you must post the extact spot (w/ GPS numbers), and all other information. Only kidding, just let us know how you do.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.