BASS BARN banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't catch anything. I fish on the jersey shore. I fish day/night. I've used clams, worms, and bombers. I've fished in bays, off the beach, and off the boat. I haven't caught anything and I'm getting rather discouaged.

·
Registered
31,674 Posts
if you have not cauht some sharks or skates this season there is a problem. give more info on what you are doing anfd looking for. read all the other post. many questions across the board with good anwers.

·
Registered
59 Posts
off the boat bunker chunking is working. look for drop off's in the bay.i just heard today guys are catching them with high& low rigs.surf clam on low mullet on high off the beach.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Shoot out toward Tussy's with the rest of the fleet. Throw some clams and you gotta pick up something. Lately it's been easy.

[ 05-19-2006, 04:05 PM: Message edited by: BigSexy ]

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've tried clams everywhere. I'm fishing for anything. I'd like a striper, but I'd take a blue. Hell I'd almost take a sea robin at this point

I fish the beaches and bays constantly. I tried fishing the channels off the hook too (in the boat)

What's Tussy?

I don't have a big boat, so I don't want to get out too far.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Try any of the major inlets at night. They are well known spots & alot of people fish them but that's because there are fish there.

·
Registered
28,819 Posts
20ft will get you all over the bay on a good day.. alot of spots are right around each other... like brandywine light, tussy slew, 60ft slew, 20ft slew.. all around each other... most are less then 10miles from cape may inlet also.. just fish the drop offs.. all depends what your looking for... fish the oyster beds and so on too

·
Registered
31,674 Posts
GO PUT IN BAYWAY. THE FLEETS NOT FAR FROM THERE.
TOMORROW LOOKS OK WEATHER WISE. MAY BE A SLIGHT CHOP WITH THE WEST WIND THOUGH. FRESH CLAM IS THE TICKET

·
Registered
778 Posts
I'm pretty sure he's talking about Raritan Bay but it seems almost impossible to not get anything this time of year. To simplify things just go to wherever you see a cluster of boats and get next to whoever seems to be fighting fish. You might piss a few people off but you will probably catch something. Only other suggestion is to go on a charter to figure out what to do.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.