BASS BARN banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Vendor
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to upgrade my trolling lures for waters out to 50 miles. Trolling for yellowfin is my target species. What four lures types would you buy. Ie. Cedar plugs, feathers, small green machines, squid spreaders, etc...
Want to get the best possible lures that are tried and true.
Thanks for the help.. I will be hitting the mud hole and areas 40-50 off manasquan.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
I would suggest one maybe 2 Green Machine Spreader Bars
The rest of the spread Small Islanders / Sea Whitchs with med hoo's

Frankly that's all ya need. :D

·
Registered
436 Posts
Green machines outfish rainbows every time, 2 green machines and 2 green machine bars are all you need to start. Then shortly after you'll be at the tackle shop every week or so eventually amassing a tremendous amount of offshore lures like the rest of us on this board, but it usually begins with with a green machine. They are excellent lures.

·
Vendor
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
what don said and what celticcross said about don is the same thing i am saying...got that...:thumbsup:
awesome. Lol

·
Banned
1,231 Posts
Pick up a pair of Black Bart Tuna Candy....run em in front of your bally's...they create a nice bubble bath for the dead bait and have gotten the job done time and again. I like any color pattern that resembles bullet bonito....purples, whites and blues...

In the wash run the top secret (never heard before on the Barn) Sterling Sreader bars in disco color ;)

Tight Lines,

Frank

·
Registered
192 Posts
Anything!

Dude everything above will work, especially of the green machine and rainbow variety, But honestly if you get on the fish and they're really there, you could pull a water bottle with a hook in it and theyll eat that too.... Tis is gna be the season. we're way over due. we need large schools of the 100lb yellows like years past.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.