BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im leaving for the Keys in about 15hrs...packing up my gear and looking to break down my TFO 4piece rod to make for some easy brezzy traveling in the car ride down....all the pieces are STUCK! :eek: I dont think I could pull/twist any harder without splintering the blank. Im looking for some tips/tricks fast! Hot water, Cold Water, oil?? Im in a "jam".

·
Registered
420 Posts
Josh:
You might try very cold water and see if that does the trick. Another trick is to spray with WD-40 and see if that breaks it loose. Once you get them apart apply a little wax to the blank where it fits in the ferrule. I have two four piece rods and I always break them down after each use.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Josh,

I agree with Philly, use WD-40. I have had rods stuck together and reels that were corroded into the seat, that I was able to loosen using that stuff.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Josh, try wd-40 like the others suggested, and also use those yellow rubber gloves that you probably have under the kitchen sink. they will give you a much better grip, and should be able to get those pieces apart.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys...I did put a small amount of corrison-x near each ferrule and let it sit for awhile then gave a herculan tug...did the trick! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts