BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do u fish in the sod banks??? one day i would like to try it. what do i need what do i use for bait how do i present it??? when is a good time to try it and is any sod bank good of only cirtin kinds good also is there any good banks in lbi???? also what do u catch like tog. is that it???

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Anything short of writing a book is too short.But here is a round up of info. Look for a deeper cut sod bank near a shallow area with a few creeks. Deep cut meaning any where from 8 to 15 feet or more. Bait coming off of those creeks and flats will be productive areas for bass to wait in deeper water and ambush bait from below. Live linig eels at night and throwing dark small plugs. During the day you can throw swim bait natural plugs and spot. Tog can be found in the same areas in the deepest water and by pitching a top and bottom rig with weight using , green crabs, hermit crabs or fidlers. Calico crabs(whiteleggers) are also very fine bait.

Do yourself a big favor and go to a marine store and buy a navigation chart. Not the lamitated ones although they are ok but aren't as detailed. you can look over the area and find some good locations other anglers may not have thought of. Also bridge pilings are traditional hot spots for tog aswell.

go to your local book stroe and pick up a book for saltwater sportfishing and pick up some techniques re tide baits rigging and go from there.Good luck.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Originally posted by little anth:
how do u fish in the sod banks??? one day i would like to try it. what do i need what do i use for bait how do i present it??? when is a good time to try it and is any sod bank good of only cirtin kinds good also is there any good banks in lbi???? also what do u catch like tog. is that it???
Suggest to begin with bait ;) Just like your surf fishing answers. Once you get "into" it..progress ;) . Fish to be had from the sods = everything short of billfish, tuna, mahie etc. Get your butt out there & toss some bait son ;) . It's not rocket science, just some time well spent outdoors (away from the puter
) :D

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
LBI take a drive up onto High Bar Harbor and make a right toward the yaught club, then walk out on the Dike. West bank before double creek channel and down to the point will produce many types of fish.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts