BASS BARN banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for suggestions on places to fish for Keeper Stipers that I can get to easily by CAR. These would include Bulkheads, public docks, or legal-to-fish bridges, ect.
Anywhere From Brigantine to Capemay and back up the Bay to Fortesqe.

Many times I work all night and finish Mid-Morning in my company car. I would love to be able to fish after work- but I don't know where I can do this with minimal hiking from the car.

Unfortunately my GPS and Charts dont really help in this circumstance.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Ted M

·
Registered
771 Posts
My best advise would be to do a little exploring and experimenting. There are a lot of places around that you can get out of the car and fish. If a place looks fishable, stop and give it a try.

·
Registered
55 Posts
try the longport municipal fishing pier, or the floating dock in CISP, by the boat ramp...also, the entire stretch of beach in cape may all the way down to the point is very easily accessable by foot...just park you car at the boardwalk there and the beach is right at your feet...no dunes, no long walks...

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
There will be keeper bass caught at almost every bridge and bulkhead as you put it that you can fins over the next couple months. Every Barrier Island access road has its hot spots. Since there are some closed mouth types that get bent out of shape when actual "SPOTS" are mentioned here on the barn, and Brigantine is on your list. Stop by the store and My staff and I will gladly give you some good tips as to where to find dinner.

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
There you go! No better place for the info you seek than your local tackle shop.
But like G-Dave said, just about any bridge will do the trick. Good Luck.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Ted,
Alot of great advise above here..
I will add,take the scenic trip down the coast via Ocean Drive in the daylight,from Long Port down to CapeMay.. You will find many places to wet a line once the sun goes down and the lights come on including (1)Fishing Pier,(5)Inlets & (7)Bridges...

Good Luck,,,

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Whale Beach.Stop and see Karen @ Whale Creek Marina for latest hot bait. Good luck, Joe.

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
WHALE BEACH MARINA IS CLOSED MOST OF THE TIME, May catch someone on the weekend

NOW if you see me in a boat near any of these areas ,, say thanks as I don't give many spots away

Way to much info there Willie, Thanks But Maybe A Email Would Be A Better Idea Next Time..

[ 10-25-2005, 10:29 PM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys,
I think the company Impala is as full of gear as a car can be.
I know the bait shops can be closed during the week this time of year, so I appreciate all of the info.

I SHOULD NEVER HAVE SOLD THE BOAT.

Thanks again, Ted

1 - 9 of 9 Posts