BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey
Im a first time writter to this site....
and i have to say its really cool, im 15 and have been fishin fresh water all my life and salt water in the summer for flounder and have had plentty of experence ( what im tryin to say is that im notta begginer)
Anyway....
I am goin to a deep sea trip at barengat light on nov. 29 on a party boat for stripper. I have gone for stripper only once an it was awsome! I was lookin for some tip on what to use or how to react to different changes in weather,water tems, lunar cycles, cloudy or weedy water ect....i am goin from 7am to 1 pm if that helps at all..
If anyone could help me out that would be great

[ 11-17-2004, 02:56 PM: Message edited by: wishiniwasfishin2 ]

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
Aren't you a little young at 15 to be going out for STRIPPERS? LOL

I couldn't resist!

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
bring lots of one dollar bills!

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
Keep your hands to your side at all times. No touching.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Wishin, welcome aboard

The charters mates should take care of you well. They want you to catch as much as you do. GOOD idea to carry on 6 or more "live" surf clams in the shell for a good back up though ;) . You will probably be using their tackle so bring a small stone to sharpen hooks. Dull hooks shall greatly reduce chances of catching!! Other than that, enjoy the trip & pay some mind to one who seems to be doing better than others ;) . Luck to ya!

·
Registered
31,457 Posts
You'll either be jigging, using eels (probably have to bring your own) or fishing with clams. The ocean fishing has been pretty slow lately but should heat up soon.

I would bring a supply of metal jigs and some bait rigs.

[ 11-17-2004, 04:21 PM: Message edited by: Bob ECT ]

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
Originally posted by wishiniwasfishin2:
I have gone for stripper only once an it was awsome!
Watch out, many a time after your first stripper you will be hooked for life. ;)

Seriously though, welcome aboard. Pay attention to the mates on the party boat and you should do fine.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey thanks for the help,
last time i went it seemed that the people that were fishing with jigs (at least i think they were i dont quite remember) were catching fish alllll day and were also the first to catch. I was wonderin what artificial lures work best this time of year or if anyone if familuar with the barengat light area and knows of some lures that have been productave latetly. I am almost sure (at least last time we did but itsa different boat) we will use clams and eels.
THANX
TOM
I need all the help i can get i hate planin a long trip (long drive and long day on the water) and either get skunked or watch people catch fish. I am just tryin to make this a productive trip

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
Can't beat a smaller Hopkins lure. They look alot like the peanut bunker that are running out there now. Diamond Jigs are also good. Match the hatch.

·
Registered
31,457 Posts
Diamond jigs, cripped herring and larger bucktails will do fine. Bring a variety of sizes, you'll be fishing anywhere from 20-70 feet deep.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Striper...S-T-R-I-P-E-R...Striper. Lets start with the basics LOL, hopefully i spelled it right...when you get a little older email me and we'll take you out for your 21st birthday. I'll take you to delilahs for some land stripers ! Land stripers can be deadly !!!!!
Stick with this board kid you'll learn alot and if you can get a summer job on a headboat as a mate do it while you can before life, bills and the real world hits you. Have fun good luck.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hey thanx for all of the help....
AND I NOW KNOW ITS STIPER NOT STRIPPER hahaha.....(although i would prob trade a stripper trip for a striper... LOL)
i cant spell for my life....
match the hatch, i like that idea considering im now a fly fisher, and looking to get a saly water setup and a fishing yak(i already have one picked out)but my funds are tight ( i reallllly need a car when i hit 16 next oct...i want a yak so bad it hurts)
I would prob. already have a job as a first mate for a party boat but i dont have a beach house ( i have 4 younger sisters and well....it was rough at time$)
Really lookin forward to my STRIPER strip.
Keep me posted...
TOM

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Take plenty of warm close even its a nice when you leve home.
Being cold and wet can kill your whole day.
Fish hard. Try to have a line in the water all the time. And dont give up .
Watch other fisherman.
Ask the mate on the ride out what to do.
Hopefuly he is a pro.
Dont forget he is out there every day and its his job to make sure you have a good time.
Call the boat tree days befor you go and ask them what they are having the best luck with.
Also ask them what kind of gear they are using.
When i worked as a mate giving the anglers good info made my job easy and put money the in my hand.
GOOD LUCK AND JUST HAVE FUN ! ! !

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey beacbass...
thanks for the addvice i intend to spend every sec with my pole in the water. I was wondering if you had a report for brigantine, i always spend a week down there in the summer and was looking to go down for a day for some striper. i fish off the surf, the old bridge int atlantic city and the part boat (fish finder).
Thanx
Tom

·
Registered
11,647 Posts
Originally posted by jbones11:
when you get a little older email me and we'll take you out for your 21st birthday. I'll take you to delilahs for some land stripers !
hey Bones, I have a 48th birthday coming up, will ya take me too? :D

·
Registered
655 Posts
When fishing for Strippers, it is important to work the pole. Pop pop pop that thang.

Make me lose my breath when she slams it :eek:

I'm talking about a bucktail, already.

Catch 'em up bro!

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
No problem rage ! the best part is we dont have to worry about the weather or wind...bring your slickers just in case though

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have one more question, when it comes to bucktail (or any other productive teaser) what color and size should i use and also what is the best way to rig one up.....should you just tie some on directly to a hook?
Thanx
Tom

1 - 20 of 26 Posts