BASS BARN banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished an extensive rewire of the boat. Everthing from Battery Lugs to new gauges and everything in between. She did not take 200lbs of wire dunk, but damn near it. $350 later and several rolls of adhesive heat shrink and she is as good as new. The last task in the electronics department is to wire the DSC.
I have a Lowrance LCX 18C and a uniden Solara VHF.
I read the manual but am struggling here. What am I missing?
The VHF has 4 colors of wire, 2 input, 2 output and a ground.
The GPS has 3 wires????
Thanks

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
27,561 Posts
BT3100 said:
Just finished an extensive rewire of the boat. Everthing from Battery Lugs to new gauges and everything in between. She did not take 200lbs of wire dunk, but damn near it. $350 later and several rolls of adhesive heat shrink and she is as good as new. The last task in the electronics department is to wire the DSC.
The GPS has 3 wires????
Thanks
Joe, call me... I can help....

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
BT3100 said:
The GPS has 3 wires????
Thanks
What models on the equipment so I can look in the online install manuals if available.....

·
Registered
19,698 Posts
BT,
Hook your Uniden Green wire (GPS DATA IN) to your Lowrence NMEA OUT COM1 YELLOW wire or your COM2 BLUE wire. I would recommend COM 2 for NMEA since COM1 can be used for DGPS info as well.

There should be a total of 4 wires on your GPS. Yellow, Orange, Blue and ground wire.

Make sure your GPS is setup to send NMEA data and not some other format on the com port. Also a baud rate of 4800 should work fine.

The uniden brown wire (GPS ground) should share a common ground with your GPS

·
Registered
39,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MargaritaVille said:
BT,
Hook your Uniden Green wire (GPS DATA IN) to your Lowrence NMEA OUT COM1 YELLOW wire or your COM2 BLUE wire. I would recommend COM 2 for NMEA since COM1 can be used for DGPS info as well.

There should be a total of 4 wires on your GPS. Yellow, Orange, Blue and ground wire.

Make sure your GPS is setup to send NMEA data and not some other format on the com port. Also a baud rate of 4800 should work fine.

The uniden brown wire (GPS ground) should share a common ground with your GPS
Thanks Jason, Scott and AJ. I am gonna give her a try tomorrow.
Happy Easter

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
19,698 Posts
BT3100 said:
Thanks Jason, Scott and AJ. I am gonna give her a try tomorrow.
Happy Easter
BT,
The uniden should show you a little antenna with radio waves when it is getting a signal.

On mine, If you see that icon, you can hit the select button and it will show you the date, time and long/lat on the gps

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Isn't it about time the manuf standardize the DSC hookups. This is crazy!

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
High Wire said:
Isn't it about time the manuf standardize the DSC hookups. This is crazy!
You can say that again.... it's a pain in the arse.
What gets me is, they'll use similar colors, but they don't match other brands colors?
I think eventually they're going to do away with NMEA 0183, and everything will be NMEA 2000, (Micro-c, Seatalk 2, Lowrance, etc).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts