BASS BARN banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally found some Easter eggs to install in new casting basket as per suggestion in previous thread. Did a search & cannot find the super duper high tech glue that was suggested to use. Anyone know or remember the glue please.

·
Registered
223 Posts
How about model airplane cement. It's made to stick plastic together, and if you use it in an unventilated room you won't care how the job comes out.:eek:

I thought I had a brilliant idea of using little plastic funnels glued upside down, works great. . . till about the 30th time you run the back of your hand down on the pointy end.:nuts:

I remember telling myself that it is sometimes better to listen to the collective wisdom of the community.

Oakman

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Ron, gorilla glue, aquaseal, silicone, pretty much any waterproof adhesive that works on plastic will get it done. I used hvac silicone on mine, still holdin although the eggs need to be replaced (UV lite, cheap plastic =bad news)

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
Lock-Tite "Stick'nSeal" or Aqua seal. Both are great. I once even wore a stripping basket as a hat after many of those fine libations. As I remember, and I don't remember much, it looked very good on me and my hair stayed neat all night.:D

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Lock-Tite "Stick'nSeal" or Aqua seal. Both are great. I once even wore a stripping basket as a hat after many of those fine libations. As I remember, and I don't remember much, it looked very good on me and my hair stayed neat all night.:D
That explains your penchant of unusual piscatorial headgear...:please:

·
Premium Member
3,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys. Gorilla glue it is. Not real sure that it would make a good hat or not. :)

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Thanks guys. Gorilla glue it is. Not real sure that it would make a good hat or not. :)
John's cranium is especially rectangular, it fit him well.... it was the prototype for clouser-proof ballistic headgear...:)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Careful with the gorilla glue, at least the original that foams up. Though they don't say it, if you do some searching online you will find that the outgassing from this glue is particularly nasty. More so than epoxy.

This topic was explored extensively on the wooden boat forum as many people thought is would be good for use on boats. Not really so great for that application in the long run.

O

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.