BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is gonnabe my first season hitting the beach on the surf. Could some kind soul pass some info on a good beginner rod reel combo, wadders and anything else i may need just to get me feet wet if you may?.

thnx
Pawpax

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
Bait or lure fishing? Shore or Jetty? Give some specifics on the type of surf fishing and the target species and you will get a ton of responses.

GSBB

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
doesn't say where you're from so i would recommend going to a good bait and tackle shop in area you intend to fish and getting their advice.
off hand i would say a 9' spinning rod rated 2-5oz would be a starting point.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
in regards to tackle setups there are some really good tackle shops and barn sponsors that can set you up--other than that i would say jump on NJBBA website to get the list of required and recommended safety gear
while out there--must have's for sure and will make your day alot better and safer if something unseen should arise..if your only going to have one setup i think a 10 ft 2-5 oz. rated setup will get you started
BUY A QAULITY REEL--the beach is very unforgiving.the $50.00 reel will not hold up more than a few trips if that..always clean off the rod and reel when done, rinse and spray a light coat of wd-40 or alike on the line roller bearing, handle, bail etc..
good luck, and save your money---you've just entered a very addictive and expensive hobby :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.