BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 463 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working with a barner who just bought a used 42' Henriques fly bridge. He has a Henriques 35 express with Yanmars, for sale. Saturday I met an other Barner at the Somerset show who owns a 28' Henriques also with Yanmars and wants to move up to a 35' Henriques express ( notice the brand loyality?) but must sell his boat before he can deal. Neither boat is listed with a dealer yet and both owners are motivated. I do not have any more details on either boat. If anyone is interested in either boat please email me and I will put you in contact with the appropriate owner.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have not run a 35 express but I delivered a 35 fly bridge to Florida last spring and was very impressed. I ran a 42' Henriques express for five years, 1100 hrs and 18000 NMI so my bench mark is very high and the 35 made a very good showing especially in bad seas. I do love Henriques boats.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Moved up from the Hen 28 to the 35 Express and also regularly fish a friends 44. All awesome boats...experienced some truly nasty seas last year at the canyon in the 35, which she handled in stride. Anyone in the market needs to give the Henriques boats a serious look.

·
Registered
27,561 Posts
Buddy of mine has a 35 express that I have fished... awesome boat. I am itching to take a 28 for a ride... might be my next boat.... :)

·
Registered
319 Posts
I am new to the Barn and have been out of boating/offshore fishing for 25years after doing it for 15years. I got out to raise a family (marriage/kids) need I say more. Now that my kids are older and no longer need me home all time I am getting back in. I always said that once salt water is in your blood it may lay dormant for years but sooner or later it will always rear its ugly head, and the urge to get back on the water is unmistakable. I have been researching boats for the past year and the boat I have decided on is the 35 Henriques Express. I am going to order this boat new, so I am not interested in a used one but I would love to know what you 35 Express owners think of this boat?

Vinny...

·
Registered
854 Posts
I have not been on the 35.. But I have spent lots of time on a 28 (including completely rebuilding it) and on a 38 express.. Love the boat and I think it is the perfect boat for fishing the canyons here in the northeast. Not to mention the people at Henriques are some of the nicest out there.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I fished the 35 in the wmo about 8 years ago. I hated it. it pounded, slow, boxy and uncomfortable. I like the boats, they are sturdy, dependable, and marketable, but I wasn't too impressed with that boat other then it beat its way to the fishing grounds and back. If you don't mind back pain and sore legs, go for it. jmho

·
Registered
275 Posts
I fish on a 42 SF and have been on a 28, and 38. While all have different charecteristics, one things remains constant, the ruggedness and thought process put into building each of these battlewagons is incredible, not to mention the customer service is beyond anything I have ever seen. Last year we were fishing the MA500 in the Washington Canyon when Damien flew by us in his 42YF (all I could think was wow what a fast/sleek boat). As the day progressed, the weather intensified and we were taking an honest 6-8 foot chop at the chin going home. On the way back in, we were taking water over the flybridge and captain had to throttle back; however, we were still making an honest 23knots and left Damien in the dust.

Morale of the story, different strokes for different folks. On a clear day or with a light chop, the YF will blow the doors off the thirsty heavy 42 Henriques SF (which goes through roughly 50-55 GPH with a canyon load getting an honest 26knots), but when things pick up, I would rather be in the Henriques. If money was no object I would have both, and make it to the Hudson in just over two hours in the YF, but unfortunately my numbers did not hit last night.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Anyone here have thoughts on the henny 30 deep v.. this boat seems like a better fit for running offshore than the 28.
considerably heavier than the 28. seems a much bigger boat.

·
Registered
143 Posts
There is a tred on here about a guy looking to get into a diesel boat...maybe show him this tred and he can see the love for Henriques ....I LOVE my 28 express and I love how great the people at Henriques are...never once have they not returned a phone call or not gotten me the part I needed if I couldn't find it on my own

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Henriques has a used 30'. A friend of mine bought it new after spending a lot of time with me on the 42'. After a year he traded it for a 42'. He plans to cruise all next winter and decided he needed a bigger boat..It has less than 200 hrs on cummins QSB 5.9's. Top out around 35 kts. Cruise at 26 and get 1 NMPG. two garman 12" touch screens. I have been on it a few times. Impressive! Call them. I have some pics of it. I'll post if I can find them.

·
Registered
7,667 Posts
How can you beat a boat made in Bayville NJ by an old world European boat builders like Jack and his family?

He has been chasing me around the yard trying to get me to lose the SM for his 42. I only wish I could:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How can you beat a boat made in Bayville NJ by an old world European boat builders like Jack and his family?

He has been chasing me around the yard trying to get me to lose the SM for his 42. I only wish I could:rolleyes:
I ran a 42 for five years. Covered 1800 Nmi. got as far from NJ as St. Thomas. It is an amazing hull
. Very predictable in any sea. I also ran a 35 to Florida last year and ran my friends 30 a few times. The common thread in these three hulls is that they inspire confidence in any sea or inlet condition.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
394 Posts
Here's a post from last year that I sent in on another thread and the words still ring true..........

I had a 1988 Henriques 38 flybridge from 1991 through 1998 and fished her from Cape May to Gloucester and put 4,000+ hours on her. Traded the 38 flybridge for a brand new 35 Henriques Express in 1999 and we are on our 14th season with the sea foam green LEGACY. Fished this boat from Cape May to Nantucket and have 2,400 hours on the boat, winning tournaments, setting state records, and having a ton of fun on the boat catching all species.

With 22 years experience running Henriques I can attest that they are one hell of a fishing platform that I trust my 8 and 7 year old sons' lives with offshore. My crew and I have been through some downright scary seas and the Henriques gutted it out past all the other brands time and again. Fish holds can handle 5 200 plus bigeye and 18 75 pound yellowfins. Engine room access on the 35 Express is unparalleled. Just a great boat that I have no intentions of selling unless I hit the lottery and buy a 60 Ritchie Howell.

1 - 20 of 463 Posts