BASS BARN banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
here's a couple pics of the man, I got to get more of these to share..

This is a trip in the late 70's, about 1978 at our house in Mystic after filling a cooler at the sod bank on our 21 Dusky named Quikee, at the Coast Gaurd station when few knew what a Tog was. We would go catch our calicos on the bars west of the stink house during the hard tides. Then about an hour or two before slack tide we'd sneak over the the CG station and 1 to 1.5 man would fill a honest cooler within a couple hours, this was in the Spring and fall not all year. Dad did most of the catching, I got several though. We often caught Sea bass there as well. Of course no Humpty's but nice 12-14 inch fish if the bait was right.. Squid heads..... That was fishin...

Here the same man in 2011, still crazy and hardheaded enough to be on a CC, and still able to put a beaten on me :)

I got more to do, I have a bunch of old pics that will get scanned.. This is fun..

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
nice pics. I have a picture that I took of my dad, grandfather and 4 other guys that we hunt with. I took this picture in 2005 because there is a picture from 1985 on our cabin wall with the same exact group of 6 guys. I put them in the same order in the picture. Its funny to see how their hunting gear evolved over the 20 years in between just from looking at the pictures which are now right next to each other.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts