BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
I've taken a couple of looks in the morning. Sands moved around alittle, but it's still the same way.There's a good shot of it on the flew over SJ. But, other than that , I've caught nothing there.. Mainly poppin the island, and some pink on the bottom, didn't have much luck there, last spring either. I have heard stories of bass and flounder? My luck seems to change there ,in the fall?

·
Registered
52,619 Posts
BRIAN--IS THE HERFORD SHOT AT MIDDLE TIDE??

IS THE CLEAR SHOT THAT IS VISABLE ALONG THE WILDWOOD SIDE CLEAR IN THE LAST LITTLE BIT WE CAN'T SEE?

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Biggest...looks pretty high to me...there are shoals beyond the picture's range along the beach...I have never found a way out in that direction (a few years back there was enough water at certain tides but not now).

Also, in the upper right quadrant, the water level drops pretty well as you make your way around the turn to head out to the Stone harbor cut...at low tide, I can't make it through there...1/2 tide or better for my 21 Mako

cool pics...

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Hey Biggest there is some sand bar activity at the end where you cant see, but i think at high tide you would be allright. Jim

·
Registered
52,619 Posts
Originally posted by IGGY2:
Hey Biggest there is some sand bar activity at the end where you cant see, but i think at high tide you would be allright. Jim
I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN WE WOULDN'T BE THAT FORTUNATE TO HAVE A STRAIGHT SHOT LIGE THAT CLEAN AT ANY TIME.SOME DAY WHEN THE PLANETS GET ALL IN LINE?

·
Registered
7,237 Posts
Kevin (Rageboat)knows that inlet like the back of his hand, he's been using it for years out of Stone Harbor. When he see's this post I'm sure he will comment. ;)

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Inlets pretty easy to get out of on th e nww side stone harbor isn't so bad either on favorable day and in a shallow draft boat.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks "Capt. Lew"
I have been going in & out hereford inlet since 1977, but it changes almost every year. up to a few years ago Capt. Cramer use to mark the inlet with flags, but since he left the area it is up to us to find the best ways out each season and pass them on to each other for our own safety....

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
"insomniac" is the south cut off the North Wildwood beach open this season...
I have only tried the north cut at the southern end of Stone Harbor...

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Anna...I haven't seen it open but I haven't looked very hard either since this has been closed for a couple of years now.

I am in the area this week and i will report back.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
oppsss...forgot all about this...another gray moment!

Took the ride past the NW rocks (at lower tide) and found a dead end at the east side. If others believe they can get thru those breakers, then I would like to videotape it.

Since it was lower tide I didn't run over to the Stone Harbor cut...that turn the SE corner of Nummy Island is dangerous to half tide and below.

Saw a couple of folks enjoying Champange Island...big NO DOGS sign up...smaller signs and a rope/string barring folks from walking the sand.
The entire coastline is cement, asphalt, houses, and cars and yet we believe that we are doing our part by not disrupting a couple of nesting birds...wake up and realize the damage has already been done.

By the way, fishing was slow on Friday...seven or eight throwbacks, two small blues, two small stripers, one sea robin and the assortment of skates. And I did my good deed on Friday...three young men had motor trouble way up in the marsh. After allowing them to suffer a bit (bugs were bad), I towed them from the back of Jenkins to the 5th street boat ramp. Nice guys who didn't have sea tow.

Staying at home this weekend until some of these folks leave the area.

Be safe and remember our fallen.

·
Registered
13,997 Posts
Originally posted by MakeMeNuts:
If others believe they can get thru those breakers, then I would like to videotape it.

LOL I was down there the other day, and I agree. The only "deep" water I saw was with a turn to the northeast at the end of the island, and even then that route appeared to end in breakers.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts