BASS BARN banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had thought I saw some dredging going on in Hereford's Inlet over the offseason. Anyone have any ideas on what they're doing / how much they're doing? Would be so nice to actually have an operable inlet there again, but I imagine that would be a monumental task at this point.

I know there's a cut that you can use by sticking close on the south side, but I just really lack the confidence to run it... moreso once I get past the beach and see my depth drop to like 2'

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
I had thought I saw some dredging going on in Hereford's Inlet over the offseason. Anyone have any ideas on what they're doing / how much they're doing? Would be so nice to actually have an operable inlet there again, but I imagine that would be a monumental task at this point.

I know there's a cut that you can use by sticking close on the south side, but I just really lack the confidence to run it... moreso once I get past the beach and see my depth drop to like 2'
I ran it once some time ago. Didnt feel that comfortable. I go out of Cold Springs for the most part.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I use to run that inlet. I would go at high slack tide the 1st time every season and find the best spot to get out then keep it marked.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hereford was the inlet of choice years ago for me. Every storm changes the cut now it seems. Best advice is follow locals that know the course. Capt Kramer used to mark it years ago, but now its follow your breadcrumb trail and be careful.

·
Registered
11,580 Posts
No dredging at all in Hereford. They are replacing sections of the seawall in NWW. I run Hereford every season. The south cut looks completely cut off. However there has been a cut in the middle between the two sandbars that has been fairly decent over the last few years. I map out fresh L/L numbers every year. It can be done. If it's too windy it looks bad but typically I don't want to fish in such conditions anyhow.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts