BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering if any of you guys used this inlet to get out or out of the ocean in 09 season and if you did what size boat you where running.Im looking to purchase a property up at that end of the world....Thanks...

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Right now Hereford looks pretty good from the air. There is a cut down the beach and one on the north side. You just have to remember that it can and usually does change with every big storm. Some years it's good all summer and some years it's pretty hairy.:huh:

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
i run out of hereford about 90% in a 28cc. it changes. it was nice this fall. local knowledge only. sometime tougher to get back in
always tougher coming in! Can be done and as previously stated, changes yr. to yr.

·
Registered
18,481 Posts
Always make sure you have enough time and uel to come back in another way if you have to. Easy finding your way out looking at the white water. Different on the way in. Water is breaking the same way you are moving and you can't see the white water as easily. If you do go out stop as soon as you are clear and take a good look back in. Line up some markers on land for reference points.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
phish bone...e mail sent.we often leave in the dark to get to the fishing grounds i would have to plot it.is it ever marked buy other boaters?? i could use cm inlet for returning,,,,,im in the market for a property near the water(water views) in the wildwoods area if any one knows something affordable .....under or around 300 k

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
phish bone...e mail sent.we often leave in the dark to get to the fishing grounds i would have to plot it.is it ever marked buy other boaters?? i could use cm inlet for returning,,,,,im in the market for a property near the water(water views) in the wildwoods area if any one knows something affordable .....under or around 300 k
I wouldn't run it in the dark. You need to be able to read the water @ herefords and line up landmarks. Also from what I hear your insurance will not pick up the tab if anything happens because its an unmarked inlet. Not sure if thats true or not. TI is much easier in the dark, the extra 8 miles is worth it.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I thought 2009 was one of the easiest years to get out through Herefords. Hug the beach and I never had less than seven feet of water under the boat. But it does change very frequently and you need to "read" the water to find your way out. A few here are correct, Usually harder getting back in. I try to follow the track left on the GPS that I went out on.

·
Registered
728 Posts
What i always did every year at corsons was wait till dead low tide on a nice day and creep out throught the inlet looking for the channel..then have the line marked on the plotter...at dead low if i had 4 ft under the boat i know i am good at any other tide..also makes it easier to spot the shoals at low...

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Chunking has the answer. Now just dont let the Situation buy any bait. He aint welcome in CMC. :DWhere the hell is Capt Cramer when you need him. That man was the master of Herefords. :bow:

·
Registered
837 Posts
ahhh those were the days! my father worked on that boat for almost 10 years. i miss hearing the capt cramer pass by the crib on his evening cruise. that town needs a boat like that again! BUT AN INLET FIRST! i think that the govt' or whoever should step up and make that south cut navagable. It would really help the boaters of sh and wildwood. mabye a few charter docks and head boats back in the area!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.