BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you were at our last SJCFA meeting, you saw firsthand how to tie one of these large flies. What you didn't get to see is how they swim in the water. Well, that is until now! Check out the attached videos (thanks John (Got Bass) for the videos of the fly he won in the raffle!!):

Herman Broers Bunker Fly 1 (1.5MB)

Herman Broers Bunker Fly 2 (2MB)

Herman ties these flies to be more material-heavy on one side so they walk-the-dog. Pretty cool! I could see a big old bass whalloping one of these... :D

[ 11-30-2005, 02:21 PM: Message edited by: Fly Ty R ]

·
Registered
84 Posts
Nice looking and great action. How did it cast?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Nice looking and great action. How did it cast?

·
Registered
771 Posts
With my 9wt.which is set up with a fast sinking line on it I have no trouble casting 39ft.The fly must be wet first.I believe Herman said to overpower the rod for these big flies so I"ll try a 10wt. line.With my 8wt with floating line I had to work my butt off to get 28ft.I think with some R&D I"ll do better.If anybody has any suggestions on how to improve distance I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
7,852 Posts
The tapes were really great. Those flies have nice action. Will be interested on what your first catch on it will be.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I"ll use this fly in the rivers this spring when the bass are following the herring run. I have some flats that I have done well on. I hope to see a big "V" wake coming up behind that fly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts