BASS BARN banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone been fishing in trenton...or seen any herring caught there....also the water temp.........want to go monday...cant decide between trout or trenton...much rather try for stripers in big D.....

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Not trying to be a jerk but check some of the other posts on this very forum and you'll find that answer.;)

Don C

·
Registered
108 Posts
herring are here

I was in the Trenton area today and had plenty of success fishing bith sides of the tide. We were able to catch herring on the incoming and outgoing tides today. I wish we could say the same for the striper! Only one fish barely hitting the 24" mark to speak of. We did boat a nice 8 lb catfish and a 5 lb shad too.

·
Registered
39,870 Posts
warren brady said:
I was in the Trenton area today and had plenty of success fishing bith sides of the tide. We were able to catch herring on the incoming and outgoing tides today. I wish we could say the same for the striper! Only one fish barely hitting the 24" mark to speak of. We did boat a nice 8 lb catfish and a 5 lb shad too.
Same here, the herring did not produce any stripers for me either...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
A little early yet for the stripers to want the herring yet. Give it another week or so and they will show.;)

Don C

·
Registered
590 Posts
I spent about 4 hours between the Trenton launch and the railroad bridge today. We launched around 9AM and pulled around 2PM.

We saw very few herring caught on the boats (20+) that were out there.

The biggest problem we had was not being able to stick the anchor so we were in a constant drift.

I've fished the river for many years....I think we're a week or 2 away still...

Water temps today were 54 degrees.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Saturday I found they were in tight schools. On the hook the schools would pass under and bang a couple of hook ups then nothing for a bit then back on them.

Don C

·
Registered
352 Posts
if you put your time in they are here, herring and stripes. not thick, but they are here. boated over 30in stripes at and above trenton since last week. you got to do the work and move around.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts