BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
I believe thats illegal without proper permits. The limit is only 35 per person anyway.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
It is they are just starting to hit on clams, but you have to but in the time. by the end of the month it will be good.;)

Don C

·
Registered
352 Posts
the legal limit is 35per person per day and not more then 50 in one tank at anytime. and it is illegal to sell them in or out of state with out the proper permit. how much are they getiing a piece for live herring in the shops?

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I could be mistaken but i thought it was 35 per day. and if you have 1 tank in the back of your truck, but there are 2 people catching them you are still only allowed 35 in that tank?? An im wrong. Is it 50 allowed in a bait pen??? (at your dock)

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Herring is a permit fish

From my reading of the National Marine fisheries service Herring is a fish that can not be sold without a permit. You must have a permit to sell Herring............

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
If you would like mor information about a permit for your vessel you can contact Sustainable Fisheries Division at 978-281-9315 ...

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Long Point said:
35 each, but if 2 share a tank i thought it was 70. I think the possession limit is 2 days = 70 each

I may be wrong.:D :D
Can't share a tank. Individual tanks for each limit. Tickets are being issued.

·
Registered
20,269 Posts
eelball said:
Can't share a tank. Individual tanks for each limit. Tickets are being issued.
What do you know about catching herring :D .

eelball is right, and the CO's have been on the job like I have never seen before.... be careful counting.... they have a serious operation going...

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
I have LEGAL HERRING for sale Picked up $3.00 each, 100 or more $2.00 each, I will arrange transport for over 100, but it will cost $.

Call the store any time.

The price will go up after the run dies out.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Guatemala Dave said:
I have LEGAL HERRING for sale Picked up $3.00 each, 100 or more $2.00 each, I will arrange transport for over 100, but it will cost $.

Call the store any time.

The price will go up after the run dies out.
Dave , I'll be callng you this week .

·
Registered
53 Posts
Been there, done that. If you sell herring you will get caught sooner or later. Thats why the run is about shot in most creeks. I did that for 20 sum years and payed the fines. Don't bother any more. Bunker!!!:cool:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts